airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integration test Jenkins integration
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 00:49:50 GMT
Well... I am not sure about this.
Let me share some of my experiences with maven profiles.

Developers usually use "mvn clean install". Further we usually dont
activate profile building before committing some code change to svn.
So if we configure Jenkins with a profile, the result will be frequent
build breaks.

Also profiles will get outdated very soon.

Result of all these is inconsistent distributions.

Also if developers need to run profile build before each commit why not run
integration tests in the default build ?

My suggestion is to get certificate path, myproxy credentials as Java
system properties (i.e. "mvn clean install
-Dmyproxy.certpath=/Users/thejaka/certificates -Dmyproxy.user=xxx
-Dmyproxy.password=yyy"). If those parameters are not specified run default
integration tests. If those parameters are specified run Gram, GSISSH etc
... tests also.

Just my thought. But I am open to try out undermentioned strategy and see
how it progress.

Thanks
Thejaka Amila