airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integration test Jenkins integration
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 19:44:25 GMT
I want to suggest that we add integration tests (needs configurations) to a separate maven
profile named integration-test or developer.We can add all the integration tests to the new
maven profile and make it a good practice for developers to run those before every commit.
This can help Airavata to have stable Jenkins build. Jenkins will be running all the unit
test cases and other sanity testing of the build system. Integration test profile will require
few configuration steps, like to setup certificates and credentials and we can add developer
instructions.

WDYT?
Raminder

On Jan 2, 2014, at 4:48 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:

> One possibility is to add them to svn and refer from svn. But I am not sure whether this
will work.

> Thanks
> Amila
>

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Sachith Withana <swsachith@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Amila.
>
> That's good. How can we configure the certificates? Only the admin can do that right?

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sachith,
>
> One way is to pass myproxy credentials as system properties Java VM (i.e. like -Dmyproxy.user=xxx
-Dmyproxy.password=yyyy). This we have to do in the Jenkins build configurations. Further
only admin will be able to access jenkins configurations, therefore I believe my proxy credentials
will stay safe.

> Thanks
> Thejaka Amila
>

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Sachith Withana <swsachith@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How can I allow the Jenkins build to test the integration tests for the providers since
the credentials and the certificates are needed?