airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: About Apache Airavata
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:10:28 GMT
Hi Udara--

We are always interested in improving Airavata's wiki documentation,
sample codes, and integration tests to make it easy for new developers
and users to use what we do.  These are good ways for you to get started
with the community before you get involved in deeper projects.

I recommend you take a look at [1] and the associated samples. Currently
these samples are a patch that we need to commit, so get the code from
[2] and apply the patch.   Check out the Airavata source trunk from our
SVN, work through the tutorials [3], work through [1] and look at other
samples under modules/samples.  Send feed back to the dev mailing
list--was it easy to do everything? do you have suggested improvements,
etc?

As with all Apache projects, Airavata is a community centered around a
code base, so we welcome all kinds of participation on the mailing
lists, and there are lots of ways to make the project better.  When it
comes to code contributions, the general rule is to do these in small
pieces.  You can make code contributions as patches that you submit to
Airavata's Jira.  See [4] for a guide to creating and applying patches.
Submitting one giant patch is likely to delay its acceptance since it
will take a long time to review and there is an increased chance that it
will break because something else changed.  So submit patches early and
often.

Marlon

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Simple+Gateway+Developer+Guide