airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gateway Developer Tutorial
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 19:27:05 GMT
Good idea. We can do the free google hangout on air and preserve the archive url’s. Stratos
has been successfully doing these  [1]

Suresh
[1] - http://stratos.incubator.apache.org/events/hangouts.html
On Jan 9, 2014, at 12:13 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Correction.
>
> s/Webinar/Webcast/g
>
> Regards,
> Danushka
>

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Along similar lines, we should also think of having Webinars, hosted slide decks, etc
to help kick-start. It is good to have a set of Webinars for a selected set of scenarios,
starting from basics to a few advanced ones IMO.

> Thanks,
> Danushka
>

> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 4:15 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
> Definitely it should be localhost for the beginner.
>

> Marlon
>
> On 1/7/14 5:43 PM, Saminda Wijeratne wrote:
> > I'd say lets restrict ourselves to localhost for the demonstration
> > purposes. GRAM is just a configuration detail which the gateway admins have
> > to deal with (not the gateway developers).
> >

> > On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Sachith Withana <swsachith@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The Sample Gateway example uses Gram. Should the guide be on using Gram or
> >> localhost?
> >>
> >> Using Gram --> provides the details on how to configure the GRAM
> >> credentials in the server and the configuring the hosts ( descriptors)
> >>
> >> Using localhost --> it would be easier for the developer to test. After
> >> getting the program to work in localhost, only minor changes are required
> >> to get it running on Gram( or similar)

Added

where is

I have