airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit vs OpenJPA
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 19:09:47 GMT
Adding to what Raman said, we noticed a exponential-like drop in
performance when extracting the data from a JackRabbit repository when
adding more and more data. JackRabbit was chosen earlier because we wanted
to persist the descriptors for the gateway. No of descriptors in the
repository did not grow over time (other than occasional new descriptor
when needed). Then we wanted to persist the workflow template (which can be
a large document) and the experiment results. Issue was that experiment
results grow over time and we noticed the exponential increase in data
retrieval time to a point noticeable to a user (eg: XBaya would just
freeze).
Thus we started experimenting with using direct use of RDBMs instead and
found it did not become slow drastically and had more control over picking
and choosing the exact data to retrieve.