airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.11 - RC2
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 07:14:36 GMT
I also tested tutorials with actual grid jobs. I do not think memory issue
is a blocking as we can increase memory. I also found that some of the meta
files (NOTICE, README etc ... ) are not up to date with the current
release. Intact some of the files were not change since 0.7 release.
(Mainly files in war distribution)

I guess we need to update release instructions to all other meta files in
addition to release notes.

But all functional test case I did passed. (Of course with increased memory
for war distribution)

Regards
Amila

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com>wrote:

> I tested the following,
>
> Used tar.gz distributions for functionality tests. Tested both on
> standalone Airavata server distribution and tomcat deployed Airavata
> services in Linux OS,
>
>    - 5 and 10 minute tutorials
>    - Airavata Client samples
>    - Airavata Client library test
>

>    - Source distribution built successfully (unit testing + integration
>    tests with clean maven repo)
>    - Source tag built successfully (unit testing + integration tests with
>    clean maven repo)
>

>    - Signatures verified
>    - LICENCE & NOTICE files present in all the distributions
>
> *Issues found,*
>
>    - JNLP zip version is missing (not planning to distribute this?)
>    - KEYS file need to be updated with the signed key.
>    - Seems the tomcat deployment is taking more memory now to execute.
>    While the for 0.10 release with the same catalina memory settings the 10
>    min tutorial and airavata-client sample "workflow-run" succeeded, it failed
>    for 0.11-RC2 giving the exception,
>
> Caused by: org.apache.airavata.gfac.provider.GFacProviderException: Cannot
> run program "/bin/echo" (in directory
> "/tmp/Echo_Sun_Dec_22_18_17_10_PST_2013_95e81b00-c3d0-4124-a818-e61aedb34bea"):
> java.io.IOException: error=12, Cannot allocate memory
>     at
> org.apache.airavata.gfac.provider.impl.LocalProvider.execute(LocalProvider.java:173)
>     at org.apache.airavata.gfac.GFacAPI.executeProvider(GFacAPI.java:93)
>     ... 7 more
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/bin/echo" (in
> directory
> "/tmp/Echo_Sun_Dec_22_18_17_10_PST_2013_95e81b00-c3d0-4124-a818-e61aedb34bea"):
> java.io.IOException: error=12, Cannot allocate memory
>     at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:460)
>     at
> org.apache.airavata.gfac.provider.impl.LocalProvider.execute(LocalProvider.java:129)
>     ... 8 more
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=12, Cannot
> allocate memory
>     at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:148)
>     at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)
>     at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:453)
>     ... 9 more
>

> For more details on the tests conducted please refer [1] and you are
> welcome to update it with tests carried out by you as well.
>
> 1.
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqYI3-ZrFz-EdFI0S3htaWJ1MDV4RE1WM19Ga0lhbEE&usp=sharing#gid=1
>
> Regards,
> Saminda
>

> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.11-RC2 release candidate.
>>
>> If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating the release,
please reply to this thread. Once you verify the release, please post your vote to the VOTE
thread.