airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata 0.11 RC1 release
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:26:01 GMT
We encountered [1] while testing. I'm not sure whether this is a blocker or
not. Since it only comes with Mac OS, this may not a blocker. But if you
are a Mac user, you won't be able to run a workflow which has multiple
inputs from xbaya.

Regards,
Chathuri

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-971

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm not seeing any blockers so far with the RC1.
>
> Did the 5/10 min tutorials
> Basic descriptor and workflow tests using XBaya
> Ran the client samples
> Build the source distribution with tests on a clean m2 repo
>
> Minor issue was reported via JIRA[1]. Updated the source code with the
> version 0.11 for XBaya version and Airavata client version.
>
> If no one else finds any blocker issues I think we can go for an RC2 which
> would be the final build for 0.11. wdyt?
>
> Thanks,
> Saminda
>
> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-970
>

> On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Hi Chathuri,
>>
>> I think having snapshot as the version in RC is wrong. Every RC has to be
>> like a release and if it pass we just call a vote/discussion thread and do
>> the release. If we do with snapshot  and if things go right, then have to
>> change versions and test again. But we can do the release just by changing
>> snapshot without testing but that wrong AFAIT.
>>
>> I remember doing this mistake in earlier release with RC1 build. I think
>> we can stick to the release management instructions in airavata.org.
>>
>> Regards
>> Lahiru
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <
>> kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Airavata 0.11 RC1[1] is ready for testing.
>>>
>>> Here are some pointers for testing
>>>
>>>    - Verify the fixed issue for this release [2]
>>>    - Verify the basic workflow composition/execution/monitoring
>>>    scenarios from
>>>    - Airavata 5 & 10 min tutorials [3],[4]
>>>    - Verify airavata client samples
>>>    - Verify the stability with derby & mysql backend databases
>>>    - Verify that the XBaya JNLP distribution works
>>>    - Verify deploying Airavata server in a tomcat distribution
>>>
>>> Please report any issues[5] if you encounter while testing. Thank you
>>> for your time in validating the release.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Chathuri (On behalf of Airavata PMC)
>>>
>>> [1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/airavata/0.11/RC1/
>>> [2]