airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata 0.11 RC1 release
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 15:02:12 GMT
I did testing of Gram and GSISSH providers and tested API to run jobs. I found an issue [1]
with GSISSH provider but its not a blocker. I rolled back the Jglobus version to 2.0.6 and
bouncycastle version to 1.45. I think we are good to create RC2.

Thanks
Raminder

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-969

On Dec 18, 2013, at 9:32 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tested the same scenario on my big screen it worked fine, but on my mac it gave
the same issue.

> Regards
> Lahiru
>

> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
> We encountered [1] while testing. I'm not sure whether this is a blocker or not. Since
it only comes with Mac OS, this may not a blocker. But if you are a Mac user, you won't be
able to run a workflow which has multiple inputs from xbaya.

> Regards,
> Chathuri
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-971
>

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not seeing any blockers so far with the RC1.
>
> Did the 5/10 min tutorials
> Basic descriptor and workflow tests using XBaya
> Ran the client samples
> Build the source distribution with tests on a clean m2 repo
>
> Minor issue was reported via JIRA[1]. Updated the source code with the version 0.11 for
XBaya version and Airavata client version.

> If no one else finds any blocker issues I think we can go for an RC2 which would be the
final build for 0.11. wdyt?

> Thanks,
> Saminda
>
> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-970
>

> On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Chathuri,
>
> I think having snapshot as the version in RC is wrong. Every RC has to be like a release
and if it pass we just call a vote/discussion thread and do the release. If we do with snapshot
 and if things go right, then have to change versions and test again. But we can do the release
just by changing snapshot without testing but that wrong AFAIT.

> I remember doing this mistake in earlier release with RC1 build. I think we can stick
to the release management instructions in airavata.org.