airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Workflow monitoring in Client API
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 03:13:54 GMT
Wps FTW

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 4, 2013, at 6:59 PM, "Saminda Wijeratne" <samindaw@gmail.com<mailto:samindaw@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Got it Suresh. Thanks. I was totally off on what I was thinking.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org<mailto:smarru@apache.org>>
wrote:
I think Nipuni and team are working with Open Geospacial Consortium’s Web Processing Server
- http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/wps

Suresh

On Dec 3, 2013, at 3:08 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com<mailto:samindaw@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Great... glad you were able to solve it. Just out of curiosity, by WPS server did you
mean the WebSphere Process Server? Was the deployment any different compared to deployment
on a tomcat server?

> On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880917@gmail.com<mailto:nipuni880917@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is fixed. The issue was due to inputs not mapping properly. sorry for noise.
>
> Thanks,
> Nipuni
>

> On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880917@gmail.com<mailto:nipuni880917@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to run a workflow in a WPS server through Airavata. We have integrated WPS server
with Airavata server. We testing executing deployed workflow through WPS client. (We have
created a WPS client and wrapped it using a script so that it can be imported as a component
via Airavata)

> Thanks,
> Nipuni
>

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com<mailto:samindaw@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> What did you exactly mean by a workflow in another server? Did you have another Airavata
server running with the workflow which you intended to run?

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880917@gmail.com<mailto:nipuni880917@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could receive generated events during an experiment execution in workflows created
with  wslds [1]. But it does not give events when I tried to execute a workflow in another
sever. Do I need to set any other configuration than running a simple workflow?.

> [1] http://gw8.quarry.iu.teragrid.org:8090/axis2-samples/services/SimpleMathService?wsdl
>

> Thanks,
> Nipuni
>

> On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 6:34 AM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com<mailto:samindaw@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> My guess is that your client side application (the main thread) terminates before the
listener gets any messages from the server. Thus you don't see any output.

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880917@gmail.com<mailto:nipuni880917@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes it is working after calling
>
> airavataAPI.getExecutionManager().waitForExperimentTermination(...)

> Thanks,
> Nipuni
>

> On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 3:54 AM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com<mailto:samindaw@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> hmmm...
>
> Can you see the experiment getting executed at the backend server?
>
> Can you also please call the following after the "...startMonitoring()"
> airavataAPI.getExecutionManager().waitForExperimentTermination(...)
>

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM, Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880917@gmail.com<mailto:nipuni880917@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Yes. I does call
>
> experimentMonitor.startMonitoring();

> Thanks,
>
> Nipuni
>

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com<mailto:samindaw@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Does your code call
> experimentMonitor.startMonitoring(); ???
> EventDataRepository object (and EventData) is managed inside the monitor object returned
by the airavataAPI.getExecutionManager().getExperimentMonitor(...) function. And the monitor
object will call the notify method in the listener with those objects as parameters

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880917@gmail.com<mailto:nipuni880917@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Inside MonitorListner class, how does it set up the EventDataRepository and EventData
parameters that are passed into notify() mthod?

> Thanks,
> Nipuni
>

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM, Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880917@gmail.com<mailto:nipuni880917@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given workflow name and its inputs, I am receiving the experiment id with,
>
>           String experimentId =airavataAPI.getExecutionManager().runExperiment(workflowId,
workflowInputs);

> Then start monitoring here,
>
>           MonitorListener monitorListener = new MonitorListener();
>           Monitor experimentMonitor = airavataAPI.getExecutionManager().getExperimentMonitor(experimentId,
>                 monitorListener);
>           log.info<http://log.info>("Started the Workflow monitor");
>
> This code executes and prints the log message. But this does not print log messages inside
notify() method in "MonitorListner" class

> public void notify(EventDataRepository eventDataRepo, EventData eventData) {
>
> log.info<http://log.info>
> ("ExperimentID: " + eventData.getExperimentID());
>
> log.info<http://log.info>
> ("Message: " + eventData.getMessage());
>     }
>

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com<mailto:samindaw@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> hi Nipuni,
> When the experiment starts the events are generated at the server side regardless whether
anyone starts monitoring or not. By startMonitoring() at the client side it will subscribe
to those generated events. Server will send the client a copy of those events.

> How are you passing your listener to the API? Can you illustrate what you are doing in
code?

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880917@gmail.com<mailto:nipuni880917@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To monitor workflow execution, I have registered a listener with monitor as in the sample
code here[1]. My Listener class [2] should call notify() method if there is any events generated
while workflow execution. But it does not call notify method. After "startMonitoring()" is
called does it automatically generate events?.

> I am using Airavata 0.7 release.
>
> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/trunk/samples/airavata-client/workflow-run/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/client/samples/MonitorWorkflow.java
>
> [2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/tags/airavata-0.7/samples/airavata-client/workflow-run/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/client/samples/MonitorListener.java
>
> Thanks,
> Nipuni.
>

> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com<mailto:raminderjsingh@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Thanks for your interest in Airavata. You need not to poll. You can register a listener
with your monitor to get constant updates. Please look into following class.

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/tags/airavata-0.7/samples/airavata-client/workflow-run/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/client/samples/MonitorListener.java
>
> Thanks
> Raminder
>
> On Aug 7, 2013, at 1:22 AM, Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880917@gmail.com<mailto:nipuni880917@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am implementing Airavata client API and I need to monitor running workflow status.
I have noticed that a "Monitor" can be accessed via  "ExecutionManager" [1], and it provides
startMonitoring() and stopMonitoring() methods.