airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Direct Application Executions through the API
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 17:41:32 GMT
+1 to add the support to Airavata API.

Thanks
Raminder

On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:27 AM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> We've noticed that most of the gateways we've came across use only a single application
execution for an experiment/task. Thus our Airavata API forcing them to create a workflow
even for a single application execution is an inconvenient step. Based on the offline discussions
we are thinking of allowing single application executions through the API. WDYT?

> Note that here a single application is meant as the abstract application which can have
more than one deployment. We need to discuss more on how the new API execution function translates
to the actual application execution at the GFac end.