airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Direct Application Executions through the API
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:27:17 GMT
Hi Devs,

We've noticed that most of the gateways we've came across use only a single
application execution for an experiment/task. Thus our Airavata API forcing
them to create a workflow even for a single application execution is an
inconvenient step. Based on the offline discussions we are thinking of
allowing single application executions through the API. WDYT?

Note that here a single application is meant as the abstract application
which can have more than one deployment. We need to discuss more on how the
new API execution function translates to the actual application execution
at the GFac end.

Thanks,
Saminda