airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.10 - RC1
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 18:22:34 GMT
As requested Vote is open till Nov 4th mid-night but please don’t wait till end.

Chathuri, thanks for verifying the release. Please report the the [ERROR] Standard Error output
: as a JIRA. Both the issues you reported are minor and we can fix it if we will have another
RC. But if not we can fix them in next release. WDYT? Please post your release vote.

Thanks
Raminder

On Nov 1, 2013, at 2:09 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> Happy Halloween all!
>
> Trick or treat (Test results or VOTES please)?
>
> Raman,
>
> Can you leave the vote open until Monday evening? I tested the quick start tutorials
and it worked well. I plan to use this RC to do some testing on a tomcat/mysql setup and would
like to validate some cosmetic errors I have seen during standalone testing.

> Suresh
>
> From: Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org>
> Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM
> To: Airavata Dev <dev@airavata.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.10 - RC1
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Last couple of releases had very low participation in validating releases. Please
take time to review, vote help improve the releases. For an apache project, the core of what
we do is make software available widely and he frequency and quality of releases is a good
indicator of the health of the project.

>> Please also elaborate how you are testing the releases on the [DISCUSS] thread. Its
ok if we have to spin half of dozen RC’s as long as we are constructively improvising the
software quality.

>> GSOC students,
>>
>> We primarily request your help here since you have a good understanding of the code
base now.

>> Thanks,
>> Suresh
>>
>> From: Raminderjeet Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com>
>> Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM
>> To: Airavata Dev <dev@airavata.apache.org>
>> Subject: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.10 - RC1
>>
>>> Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.10 release candidate.
>>>
>>> If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating the release,
please reply to this thread. Once you verify the release, please post your vote to the VOTE
thread.