airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to unify host descriptors in Airavata
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 20:08:45 GMT
I think we should handle authentication mechanism and host description
separately. Define Authentication mechanism and relevant data in a
"AuthenticationDescriptor" (say for now) and HostDescriptor as of now
(Without authenticating data).
Then we will have following descriptors;

Authentication
-------------------
GSIAuthenticationDescriptor
SSHKeyAuthenticationDescriptor
SSHPasswordAuthenticationDescriptor

Host Description
----------------------
Localhost
GlobusHost
SSHHost

At the application definition time we bind a host description with a
authentication description.
i.e.
GlobusHost + GSIAuthenticationDescriptor
SSHHost + SSHKeyAuthenticationDescriptor

Thanks
Amila