airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Ishara RANATUNGA <newair...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: small clarification for wrapping the applications
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:59:03 GMT
Hi all,

@Suresh : Yes I am part of the Dhara team. As we described focus on three
main aspects.

   - WPS orchestration through workflows
   - Exposing workflows created in XBaya as WPS
   - Portal to access and visualize geospatial data

We have used 52 North as our WPS framework. At this stage we are trying to
orchestrate WPS processes and create a useful  geo-spatial  workflow. We
hope to use SimpleBuffer algorithm and Intersection algorithm of 52North to
predict landslide affected roads as our first simulation. We keep both road
network and landslide data in geoserver and loads to each process as WFS.
Then final output is published to a map at the portal.

And in the second approach workflows created by Airvata is invoked inside a
WPS. Created workflows are listed on portal and user can publish these
workflows as a WPS in 52North server. For an example some complex math
workflow can be exposed via WPS. Only the processing part happens via
Airavata and out come can be obtained via WPS protocol.

We use Rave to develop our portal. To to set up everything we intend to use
ec2 instance. We will send you URL's and screen shots after we using rave.
Below are some of the functionalists. These will be completely changed once
we are done with the Rave. Some admin functions are to be added.

1) http://imagebin.org/274017

2) http://imagebin.org/274018

3) http://imagebin.org/274019

4) http://imagebin.org/274020

5) http://imagebin.org/274021

Your help and advises are really helpful in this process.

Thank You !