airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.10 release
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:20:24 GMT
Its a dependency of jcabi jar. And its a run time dependency.

[INFO] +- com.jcabi:jcabi-aspects:jar:0.9:compile
[INFO] |  +- com.jcabi:jcabi-log:jar:0.7:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- org.hibernate:hibernate-validator:jar:4.3.0.Final:runtime
[INFO] |  |  |  \- org.jboss.logging:jboss-logging:jar:3.1.0.CR2:runtime
[INFO] |  |  \- commons-lang:commons-lang:jar:2.6:compile
[INFO] |  \- javax.validation:validation-api:jar:1.1.0.Final:compile

Raminder

On Oct 28, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont think so ...
>
> Can you check from where jboss dependency coming from ? (exact jar)
>
> Thanks
> Amila
>

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:
> I updated the LICENSE [1] for airavata distribution. I am not an expert to update NOTICE
so need a help. I found there is a dependency on JBoss logging in GSISSH having a GNU license.
Is it ok to include the license? Please review NOTICE and LICENSE files for the release.

>   - JBoss Logging 3 (http://www.jboss.org) org.jboss.logging:jboss-logging:jar:3.1.0.CR2
>     License: GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1  (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.txt)
>
> Thanks
> Raminder
>
> 1. https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/trunk/modules/distribution/airavata-server/src/main/resources/LICENSE
>

> On Oct 25, 2013, at 1:13 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> + 1, the INFRA exception is in place, so we should not require any additional steps
for this release size.

>> Suresh
>> On Oct 25, 2013, at 1:10 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for going ahead with the release.
>>>

>>> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> +1, please.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Amila
>>>

>>> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>>> My gut response is to go ahead with the release and get an exception
>>> from Apache Infra to exceed the size limit.  This will give us more time
>>> to consider a fix to the size problem.
>>>

>>> Marlon

to 101MB which is still over the limit [1].  WAR package have 2 different war files; airavata.war-REST
services and registry, airavata-service.war-Axis2 services and pojos. Approaches i am able
to think to fix this problem in longer run are:

other issues fixed and can start with the release today.

jars added to bin-assembly.xml? Is the following the right jar to use?

(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]

add the credential store functionality with SSH authentication and GSISSH provider ?

Lahiru ?

<

manager for the next