airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: small clarification for wrapping the applications
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:57:26 GMT
Hello Ishara,

Are you part of the Dhara team? - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=31824825

It might be useful for you to provide a brief description of the use case on how you are (or
planning to) using airavata. That way we will have a better context. Good to see your involvement
on the  mailing list, please continue to do it.

Suresh

On Oct 18, 2013, at 4:27 AM, Ishara RANATUNGA <newair007@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for the help. We are in the process of chaining wps processes and in some
cases sending GML output of the WPS to a map at a portal.

> We get a larger String with spaces, EOL characters etc. I found that having something
like

> @echo off
>
> echo output=hello world
>
> only gives me only the String "hello" to the second component.
>
> I want to input entire String as it is to the second component. How is this possible?
Your thoughts are very helpful.

> Thank You !

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Everything you are doing looks good to me. You can use String data type in this case
for both output of component 1 and input of component 2.  You need to name the output parameter
as "output". Input parameter name does not matter. Here is some information on other data
types used in different projects:

> URI: Incase you want to move files.
> URIArray: if these are more than one files.
>
> Please share your requirements and we will be able to advise/help you better.
>
> Thanks
> Raminder
>
> On Oct 17, 2013, at 1:51 PM, Ishara RANATUNGA <newair007@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have small issue regarding creating components by wrapping the applications. Lets
assume I have created a small java application that prints out some string.

> > Eg: System.out.println("Output of process 1");
> >
> > And I wrote a script wrapping the jar which outputs the above statement.
> >
> > @echo off
> >
> > echo output=E:\FYP\Other\outGMLFromAirvata\
> > java -jar E:\FYP\projects\wrapper\out\artifacts\wrapper_jar\wrapper.jar %1
> >

> > Then I could load the component Register Application --> New deployment-->
Register.
> > Then I can create a simple workflow input--> component1 --> output which executes
and gives the output  "Output of process 1".
> > (Output data type of the component std out)
> >

> > Then I have another application that needs to input the string "Output of process
1" from component 1 and needs to output the the String "Output of process 2". I created a
java application that does that and wrapped using another wrapper and loaded the component
as described above.
> > I used 'string' as second component's input data type where it does not work.
> >
> > What are the correct data types of output of component 1 and input of component
2. Or did I do anything wrong when wrapping the applications. Your kind help is really appreciated
and thanks a lot for the help so far.