airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: 0.10 release
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:31:34 GMT
It wouldn't hurt to contact the JCabi developer and see if he'll use
another logging jar with an Apache compatible license.

Marlon

On 10/28/13 11:20 AM, Raminder Singh wrote:
> Its a dependency of jcabi jar. And its a run time dependency.
>
> [INFO] +- com.jcabi:jcabi-aspects:jar:0.9:compile
> [INFO] |  +- com.jcabi:jcabi-log:jar:0.7:compile
> [INFO] |  |  +- org.hibernate:hibernate-validator:jar:4.3.0.Final:runtime
> [INFO] |  |  |  \- org.jboss.logging:jboss-logging:jar:3.1.0.CR2:runtime
> [INFO] |  |  \- commons-lang:commons-lang:jar:2.6:compile
> [INFO] |  \- javax.validation:validation-api:jar:1.1.0.Final:compile
>
> Raminder
>
> On Oct 28, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I dont think so ...
>>
>> Can you check from where jboss dependency coming from ? (exact jar)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Amila
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> I updated the LICENSE [1] for airavata distribution. I am not an expert to update
NOTICE so need a help. I found there is a dependency on JBoss logging in GSISSH having a GNU
license. Is it ok to include the license? Please review NOTICE and LICENSE files for the release.

>>   - JBoss Logging 3 (http://www.jboss.org) org.jboss.logging:jboss-logging:jar:3.1.0.CR2
>>     License: GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1  (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.txt)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Raminder
>>
>> 1. https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/trunk/modules/distribution/airavata-server/src/main/resources/LICENSE
>>

>> On Oct 25, 2013, at 1:13 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> + 1, the INFRA exception is in place, so we should not require any additional
steps for this release size.

>>> Suresh

war to 101MB which is still over the limit [1].  WAR package have 2 different war files; airavata.war-REST
services and registry, airavata-service.war-Axis2 services and pojos. Approaches i am able
to think to fix this problem in longer run are:

have other issues fixed and can start with the release today.

GSISSH jars added to bin-assembly.xml? Is the following the right jar to use?

(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]

please add the credential store functionality with SSH authentication and GSISSH provider
?

more testing, until then I

complete now. We can do
Lahiru ?

> [...]