airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.10 release
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:47:42 GMT
Following is a blocker issue which need a fix for 0.10.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-939

Thanks
Raminder

On Oct 21, 2013, at 6:04 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did testing of the new provider changes(GSISSH/SSH) and did some sanity testing of
Airavata. Everything looks ok to me now.  Thanks to Saminda to help to reduce the size of
the distribution to 103MB. I will try to see if I can reduce it more.  I will look into the
JIRAs related to release tomorrow morning. I want to fix AIRAVATA-933 before the release.
Please let me know if these is any critical or blocker issue need to be fixed for 0.10.

> Thanks
> Raminder
>
> On Oct 16, 2013, at 5:03 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, GSISSH library and provider are part of 0.10. I already moved the library to
trunk and fixed all the dependency issues. I need to look into license and notice file before
the release. JIRAs [1] need to be fixed for 0.10. Please go through the list and comment if
any of the issue is not possible to fix. These are some functional bugs with GSISSH provider
reported to JIRA[2]. I hope these functional bugs can be fixed by this Friday. Then, I will
be able to provide a release for testing early next week.

>> Right now the release main focus is to provide GSISSH/SSH library(beta) and bug fixes
from 0.9. Please let me know if any other feature is required.

>> Thanks
>> Raminder
>>
>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA/fixforversion/12324909
>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-931
>>

>> On Oct 16, 2013, at 9:09 AM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What is the final verdict for 0.10 release ?
>>>
>>> Specifically,
>>>
>>> 1. Are we going to include GSISSH in 0.1 ?
>>> 2. When are we going to release 0.1 ?
>>> 3. What other features we plan to include in 0.1 ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Thejaka Amila
>>>

>>> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Yeah we can do the release next week. I have successfully integrated to airavata,
but I want to do more cleanup work and more testing, until then I do not think its a good
idea to push the release.

>>> I want to implement retry logics (which we did not discuss properly, when to
retry, for what errors etc) and session handling logic for scp scenarios with huge files.

>>> Lahiru
>>>

>>> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Any particular reason why we cannot release GSISSH library before 0.10 ?
>>> I think GSISSH library functionality is  pretty complete now. We can do the initial
release of it now. What do you think Lahiru ?

>>> Thanks
>>> Thejaka Amila
>>>

>>> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> We need to release GSISSH library before we release 0.10 as it is a dependency.
How should we handle that?