airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: small clarification for wrapping the applications
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:13:12 GMT
Everything you are doing looks good to me. You can use String data type in this case for both
output of component 1 and input of component 2.  You need to name the output parameter as
"output". Input parameter name does not matter. Here is some information on other data types
used in different projects:

URI: Incase you want to move files.
URIArray: if these are more than one files.

Please share your requirements and we will be able to advise/help you better.

Thanks
Raminder

On Oct 17, 2013, at 1:51 PM, Ishara RANATUNGA <newair007@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have small issue regarding creating components by wrapping the applications. Lets assume
I have created a small java application that prints out some string.

> Eg: System.out.println("Output of process 1");
>
> And I wrote a script wrapping the jar which outputs the above statement.
>
> @echo off
>
> echo output=E:\FYP\Other\outGMLFromAirvata\
> java -jar E:\FYP\projects\wrapper\out\artifacts\wrapper_jar\wrapper.jar %1
>

> Then I could load the component Register Application --> New deployment--> Register.
> Then I can create a simple workflow input--> component1 --> output which executes
and gives the output  "Output of process 1".
> (Output data type of the component std out)
>

> Then I have another application that needs to input the string "Output of process 1"
from component 1 and needs to output the the String "Output of process 2". I created a java
application that does that and wrapped using another wrapper and loaded the component as described
above.
> I used 'string' as second component's input data type where it does not work.
>
> What are the correct data types of output of component 1 and input of component 2. Or
did I do anything wrong when wrapping the applications. Your kind help is really appreciated
and thanks a lot for the help so far.