airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the difference between system.gateway and default.registry.gateway
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 23:28:24 GMT
When the services start they register themselves in the registry. For them
to do that they need to have the user details (gateway & user) to login to
registry. We are calling this user as the system user. Right now they get
these details from the properties files. "system.gateway" represents the
gateway id of this system user.

When the RegistryService Starts it needs to create the Airavata database if
it does not exist. And afterwards it needs to add a gateway and a user to
the empty Airavata database. In effect this resembles registering a gateway
in Airavata. Currently the needed data to register a gateway is acquired
from the properties file. "default.registry.gateway" represents the id of
the gateway which it will try to register.