airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata Mock API
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:53:41 GMT
Hi Saminda,

Thanks for taking initiative for this.

I was trying to play a little bit with this. First of all I am little
confused from where should I start. I can see 3 main modules.

1. airavata-mock-core
2. airavata-mock-service
3. airavata-mock-service-utils

I can see that you have created a REST SERVICE API. But it is hard for me
to use this without a "REST client code". Without actually writing some
gateway code it is hard for me to give feedback on the mock API.

Further I would say that we should start thinking about the API from "end
user". So an end user will first start using "API client code" (REST
client, like we have right now in existing Airavata code). So we need to
first mock the "client API". Based on "client API mock" we can design the
service API (When designing the service API, we can think about other non
functional requirements such as scalability, performance etc .. in addition
to usability).

Thanks
Amila