airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TESTING] Apache Airavata 0.9 RC1
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 20:05:07 GMT
Hi All,

It seems this issue occurs due to the way we have setup encoding in mysql
database. When connecting through Linux it gets Latin* based encoding and
when going through OSX it takes UTF-8 encoding. A similar issue is
discussed in [1].

Further this issue occurs only in following scenario;
a. Setup database in Mac
b. Start server in Linux
c. Shut down server in Linux and start server in Mac
d. Try to login to server using XBaya

Since above scenario is not a common deployment methodology, the issue is
not a blocker. Hence we thought of lowering the priority of the issue [2]
and planning to proceed with the release.

If you have any different thought please let us know.

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/730359/problems-reading-writing-utf-8-data-in-mysql-from-java-using-jdbc-connector-5-1
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-914

Thank you
Regards
Amila

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena
<kamalasini@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Amila,
>
> Error occurs from the authenticate method of the JDBCUserStore class.
> Below is the error message we get. It seems the hash generated for the
> credential does not match with the hash already saved in the database. We
> did not get this error in previous releases because we used to override
> user information at each time server is created. For this release, we
> changed it to save user information only for the initial database creation.
>
> Submitted credentials for token
> [org.apache.shiro.authc.UsernamePasswordToken - admin, rememberMe=false]
> did not match the expected credentials.
> org.apache.shiro.authc.IncorrectCredentialsException: Submitted
> credentials for token [org.apache.shiro.authc.UsernamePasswordToken -
> admin, rememberMe=false] did not match the expected credentials.
>
> Regards,
> Chathuri
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <
> kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Amila,
>>
>> This error occurs if you are using a database which is created from an
>> airavata server which is running on a different machine. I'm debugging the
>> code. In the REST client code, the logic we have is something like this. We
>> first try to authenticate with existing cookie (without sending the
>> password in the request). If it fails and gets HTTP - 401 code, then we try
>> to authenticate using username and password with an empty cookie. In this
>> scenario, even though we provide correct username and password, request
>> does not seem to get authenticated. At this point, call is not even go for
>> the server side. Do you have any suggestions why that can be happened ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chathuri
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Amila Jayasekara <
>> thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Chathuri,
>>>
>>> Any findings what causing this issue ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Amila

be fixed for the release. I'll update the issue as a blocker and