airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Status of integrated tutorial
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:37:50 GMT
Can we have it shortly?

Danushka

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Subho,
>
> Thanks you very much for summary, please see my comment inline.
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> We couldnt really discuss a lot in todays hangout, there were some issues
>> with getting the mics working properly. We are planning to have another
>> hangout tomorrow at the same time.
>>

> It is very difficult to join a hangout at that time for me, as all of you
> guys ok with that time, go on and please send a small note about
> conclusions and issues addressed in this hangout session.
>

>> In general, the problems we are having -
>>
>> (Problems relating to registry api and what you, Sanchit and I are
>> working on)
>> -- The airavata server is spitting out 405 errors in the links
>> corresponding to the provenance registry. But I can't seem to pinpoint what
>> is causing the error. The server logs say that a 405 request was served,
>> but they don't have anything about why there was an error.
>>

> Hi subho i again checked provenance registry and it works for me, if it is
> possible lets have an call at around 9.00 PM (EDT) resolve this issue?
>
> -- The XWF files are still coming down to the WebUI in an XML format. Is
>> there a separate API end-point for the JSON version of the data? (I have
>> applied all your patches to my version of the trunk)
>>

> I have changed the request URL to
> "/airavata/services/registry/userwfregistry/get/workflows?*isJson=true*"
> this will return all workflows in json format. to get a Workflow GraphXML
> in json format use
> "/airavata/services/registry/userwfregistry/get/workflowgraph?workflowName=SSS&&
> *isJson=true*", if you are using my registry api you don't need to change
> any think i have handle this inside the registryAPI.
>
> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>

>> (Problems related to what Vijayendra is working on)
>> -- Usage of HTTP API for RabbitMQ in the frontend
>> -- Porting Vijayendra's code to AngularJS
>>
>> General problems that need to be looked at once the ones above are fixed
>> --
>> -- Adding a phase in the maven build to pull the GSoC files and adding it
>> to the tomcat war.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Subho
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <
>> shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> Extremely sorry i couldn't make it for this call, It would be great if
>>> one of you can put summary or conclusion of the hangout then i can follow
>>> up the process and help you guys to resolve any issues come in integration.
>>> At the moment i am working on Context header thing, i have already opened
>>> an another thread for it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Shameera.

for the hangout

the progress ? if yes

Menikkumbura <

during today's

be done by Sunday evening.
Workflow API
been updated by
discussed in the last hangout
URL's
REST API so that the FE
instead of going through Node.js server

an end-to-end sample
the next hangout on Sunday night.

anything.

wrote:

> [...]
good if we can have a end-to-end
the time being lets not concentrate on the
on bringing the different pieces together, once
we can attend to  imperfection and loopholes

P.M. IST ?

Technology

PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <
wrote:

> [...]
above. I too think it would be
to sort out and discuss the way onwards from here
 If we are going to have the handout today i would
it before 12.00 AM IST which is within around 3
have some issue in being present after that time.

in there.

at 12:12 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <
wrote:

> [...]
of tonight's hangout should be to
forward to get a simple workflow running end-to-end ASAP.
has to be a perfect solution, but something that
of  the underlying architecture. Presumably it may
lot of room for optimization, may not work with
but would give the impression that we can make it
additional effort put in. If we can get there, I believe
take it further from there easily (I mean post GSoC).

at 6:30 AM, Suresh Marru <
wrote:

> [...]
we had some key goals and pre-requite
GSoC projects [1]. The key one is to have an integrated
and a collective team responsibility to have a working
collectively the integration really fell through the
deferred until the end. Inspite of the mid-term warning that
a big picture and how each components will play together,
to get a hello world end to end tutorial. Can we please
really hard to judge individual contributions. More over if
does not come together, all of the code will RIP in sandbox.

sprint the last mile and get the code
see a small spike in discussion and nothing beyond that. Can
in? In contrary to typical GSoC contributions, haven't
in last weeks.

a hangout tonight (India/SL) Friday at
works for all and summery clearly a day to day roadmap from
pencil down data of Septmeber 23rd [3]? Please see the
the suggested pencil down date is 16th and a full code
test coverage and all should be done by 23rd. Every one has
hard to pass the finals with all gsoc requirements.

at 5:17 PM, Subho Banerjee <
wrote:

> [...]
Sep 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura
wrote:

> [...]
the Registry API inside AngularJS.

be great if Sanchit and Subho could help me

are we trying to solve here?. Maybe I can
it too.

to figure out if we can somehow use the
has written directly in the angular service. Till now I have
at getting this to work. I have tried two techniques -

object in an Angular service. This
at all.
Shameera's code to add the $promise values to
models. This seems to work intermittently, I think it
whether a certain set of events fire in the right order. So
this method was unsuccessful.

be great if you guys can suggest (and maybe
what else we can do to make Shameera's code work out of the
webapp.

option we have would be to probably re-write
API JS client into an Angular service. Now this
that we will end up having two JS clients. Maintaining
will not be easy.

, shameerainfo AT gmail.com