airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalas...@gmail.com>
Subject XBaya initialization fails with NPE when it is instantiated from a client code
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:55:49 GMT
Hi Devs,

When we open xbaya from a client code programmatically, we do not have a
way to set the airavata api object. When we instantiate a new xbaya
instance, we just pass set of parameters such as registry url, registry
user, password, gfac url etc. During initialization, we assumed that the
airavata-api is already set. We never do a null check or anything like that
before accessing any method from airavata-api. As a result, XBaya
initialization fails.

This bug [1] is in 0.8 release and it is still in trunk as well.

Regards,
Chathuri

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-920