airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Subho Banerjee <subs.z...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Status of integrated tutorial
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 23:55:30 GMT
Hi Shameera,
We couldnt really discuss a lot in todays hangout, there were some issues
with getting the mics working properly. We are planning to have another
hangout tomorrow at the same time.

In general, the problems we are having -

(Problems relating to registry api and what you, Sanchit and I are working
on)
-- The airavata server is spitting out 405 errors in the links
corresponding to the provenance registry. But I can't seem to pinpoint what
is causing the error. The server logs say that a 405 request was served,
but they don't have anything about why there was an error.
-- The XWF files are still coming down to the WebUI in an XML format. Is
there a separate API end-point for the JSON version of the data? (I have
applied all your patches to my version of the trunk)

(Problems related to what Vijayendra is working on)
-- Usage of HTTP API for RabbitMQ in the frontend
-- Porting Vijayendra's code to AngularJS

General problems that need to be looked at once the ones above are fixed --
-- Adding a phase in the maven build to pull the GSoC files and adding it
to the tomcat war.

Cheers,
Subho

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Extremely sorry i couldn't make it for this call, It would be great if one
> of you can put summary or conclusion of the hangout then i can follow up
> the process and help you guys to resolve any issues come in integration. At
> the moment i am working on Context header thing, i have already opened an
> another thread for it.
>
> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <
> sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys
>>
>> Join the hangout at :
>>

>> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/f255b37ce77d79200162b13872b0078818f66770?pqs=1&authuser=0&hl=en
>>
>> Regards
>> Sanchit Aggarwal
>> MS Research (Computer Science)
>> Center for Visual Information Technology
>> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
>> Contact - 9581417330
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <
>> danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1.
>>>
>>> Danushka

or on

during today's

by Sunday evening.
API
so that the FE
of going through Node.js server

next hangout on Sunday night.

Rathnayaka <

Aggarwal <

we can have a end-to-end
being lets not concentrate on the
the different pieces together, once
attend to  imperfection and loopholes

?

Shameera Rathnayaka <

I too think it would be
out and discuss the way onwards from here
we are going to have the handout today i would
12.00 AM IST which is within around 3
issue in being present after that time.

wrote:

> [...]
tonight's hangout should be to
to get a simple workflow running end-to-end ASAP.
a perfect solution, but something that
of  the underlying architecture. Presumably it may
room for optimization, may not work with
but would give the impression that we can make it
effort put in. If we can get there, I believe
further from there easily (I mean post GSoC).

AM, Suresh Marru <

some key goals and pre-requite for
[1]. The key one is to have an integrated Masters
team responsibility to have a working project. I
integration really fell through the cracks and got
Inspite of the mid-term warning that we need to
how each components will play together, we really
world end to end tutorial. Can we please get to it?
individual contributions. More over if the
come together, all of the code will RIP in sandbox.

last mile and get the code
small spike in discussion and nothing beyond that. Can
In contrary to typical GSoC contributions, haven't
weeks.

tonight (India/SL) Friday at a
all and summery clearly a day to day roadmap from now
data of Septmeber 23rd [3]? Please see the timeline
pencil down date is 16th and a full code
and all should be done by 23rd. Every one has
pass the finals with all gsoc requirements.

PM, Subho Banerjee <
wrote:

> [...]
at 12:51 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <
wrote:

> [...]
API inside AngularJS.

if Sanchit and Subho could help me on

we trying to solve here?. Maybe I can

out if we can somehow use the code
directly in the angular service. Till now I have been
this to work. I have tried two techniques -

object in an Angular service. This
code to add the $promise values to
This seems to work intermittently, I think it
a certain set of events fire in the right order. So
was unsuccessful.

if you guys can suggest (and maybe help
we can do to make Shameera's code work out of the box

we have would be to probably re-write
API JS client into an Angular service. Now this
we will end up having two JS clients. Maintaining
be easy.

, shameerainfo AT gmail.com

AT gmail.com

> --