airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Subho Banerjee <subs.z...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Status of integrated tutorial
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2013 21:17:40 GMT
On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <
danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com> wrote:

>  1. Using the Registry API inside AngularJS.
>>>

>> It would be great if Sanchit and Subho could help me on this.
>>

> What exactly are we trying to solve here?. Maybe I can take a look at it
> too.

I am trying to figure out if we can somehow use the code Shameera has
written directly in the angular service. Till now I have been unsuccessful
at getting this to work. I have tried two techniques -

1. Use Shameera's object in an Angular service. This doesn't work at all.
2. Edit Shameera's code to add the $promise values to update the Angular
models. This seems to work intermittently, I think it comes down to whether
a certain set of events fire in the right order. So on the whole this
method was unsuccessful.

It will be great if you guys can suggest (and maybe help implement) what
else we can do to make Shameera's code work out of the box in an Angular
webapp.

The last option we have would be to probably re-write most of the registry
API JS client into an Angular service. Now this creates a problem that we
will end up having two JS clients. Maintaining two of these will not be
easy.

--
Cheers,
Subho