airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Status of integrated tutorial
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 20:09:44 GMT
Hi All,

We have three more days and following GSOC guidelines here are the things need to be done
for all projects (including Viknes's).

* Have a working integrated hello world from end to end for master project
* Test cases for all the code
* Documentation
* Description on what the code did and how it addressed the proposal

Suresh

On Sep 20, 2013, at 9:02 AM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont think I will be able to make it today. Maybe you can send a summary of what happened
at the hangout...

> Cheers,
> Subho.
>

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM, Vijayendra sdm <vijayendra.sdm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Can we have hangout today at 10.30 PM IST ?
>
> Regards
> Vijayendra
>

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Can we have it shortly?
>
> Danushka
>

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Subho,
>
> Thanks you very much for summary, please see my comment inline.
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com> wrote:
> We couldnt really discuss a lot in todays hangout, there were some issues with getting
the mics working properly. We are planning to have another hangout tomorrow at the same time.

> It is very difficult to join a hangout at that time for me, as all of you guys ok with
that time, go on and please send a small note about conclusions and issues addressed in this
hangout session.

> In general, the problems we are having -
>
> (Problems relating to registry api and what you, Sanchit and I are working on)
> -- The airavata server is spitting out 405 errors in the links corresponding to the provenance
registry. But I can't seem to pinpoint what is causing the error. The server logs say that
a 405 request was served, but they don't have anything about why there was an error.

> Hi subho i again checked provenance registry and it works for me, if it is possible lets
have an call at around 9.00 PM (EDT) resolve this issue?

> -- The XWF files are still coming down to the WebUI in an XML format. Is there a separate
API end-point for the JSON version of the data? (I have applied all your patches to my version
of the trunk)

> I have changed the request URL to "/airavata/services/registry/userwfregistry/get/workflows?isJson=true"
this will return all workflows in json format. to get a Workflow GraphXML in json format use
"/airavata/services/registry/userwfregistry/get/workflowgraph?workflowName=SSS&&isJson=true",
if you are using my registry api you don't need to change any think i have handle this inside
the registryAPI.

> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>

> (Problems related to what Vijayendra is working on)
> -- Usage of HTTP API for RabbitMQ in the frontend
> -- Porting Vijayendra's code to AngularJS
>
> General problems that need to be looked at once the ones above are fixed --
> -- Adding a phase in the maven build to pull the GSoC files and adding it to the tomcat
war.

> Cheers,
> Subho
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Extremely sorry i couldn't make it for this call, It would be great if one of you can
put summary or conclusion of the hangout then i can follow up the process and help you guys
to resolve any issues come in integration. At the moment i am working on Context header thing,
i have already opened an another thread for it.

> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Join the hangout at :
>
> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/f255b37ce77d79200162b13872b0078818f66770?pqs=1&authuser=0&hl=en
>
> Regards
> Sanchit Aggarwal
> MS Research (Computer Science)
> Center for Visual Information Technology
> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> Contact - 9581417330
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> +1.
>
> Danushka
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Are We having a hangout today ? Is it fine to have it at 11 p.m ist ?
>
> Regards
> Sanchit Aggarwal
> MS Research (Computer Science)
> Center for Visual Information Technology
> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> Contact - 9581417330
>

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Lets have it on Wednesday as I am in office right now. Please kindly note that daytime
(IST) does not work for me. Also I think Shameera is in the US on a customer engagement. Lets
make it our usual time (i.e. ~10:30 pm IST) either today or tomorrow. Lets check whether that
time works for everyone.

> Thanks,
> Danushka
>

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am fine with any time. If your are available now then we can have it right now.
>
> Regards
> Sanchit Aggarwal
> MS Research (Computer Science)
> Center for Visual Information Technology
> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> Contact - 9581417330
>

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will be travelling on Tuesday night (IST), could we instead have it Tuesday morning
9-10 am IST (which is in a couple of hours) or on Wednesday.

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> Lets have it tomorrow for sure. Please mention the suitable time .
>
> Regards
> Sanchit Aggarwal
> MS Research (Computer Science)
> Center for Visual Information Technology
> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> Contact - 9581417330
>

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry I couldn't make it.
> Next time maybe we can have the announcement for the hangout maybe a little more in advance.
>

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Are we having a hangout to discuss about the progress ? if yes can we have it at 11.30
IST today?

> Regards
> Sanchit Aggarwal
> MS Research (Computer Science)
> Center for Visual Information Technology
> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> Contact - 9581417330
>

> On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> This is a quick update on what was discussed during today's hangout.
>
> 1. Angular JS services are likely to be done by Sunday evening.
> 2. Subho is working on the Registry API
> 3. Sanchit is going to start with the Workflow API
> 4. The REST API resource URL's have already been updated by Shameera so that the 405
error that was discussed in the last hangout should no longer be there with the update URL's
> 5. Danushka is to look at the RabbitMQ REST API so that the FE can talk to RabbitMQ server
directly instead of going through Node.js server

> *** Hopefully we are supposed to have an end-to-end sample running by early next week.
We will have the next hangout on Sunday night.

> Guys please add if I have missed out anything.
>
> Thanks,
> Danushka
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Join in at https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/3dcdb4ca707eaf3ec76396701aa219c0c9897775?authuser=0&hl=en
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> +1 for the approach.
>
> I also think it would be good if we can have a end-to-end "Hello world" workflow. For
the time being lets not concentrate on the perfect solution and focus on bringing the different
pieces together, once we have a running workflow we can attend to  imperfection and loopholes
post GSOC.

> Can we all meet around 11 P.M. IST ?
>
> +1 for 11 PM.
>
> Regards
> Sanchit Aggarwal
> MS Research (Computer Science)
> Center for Visual Information Technology
> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> Contact - 9581417330
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> +1 for Danushka's  comments above. I too think it would be good to have a hangout to
sort out and discuss the way onwards from here with the master project.  If we are going to
have the handout today i would like to request to have it before 12.00 AM IST which is within
around 3 hours from now, as i have some issue in being present after that time.

> Hope to meet you all in there.
>
> Thanks,
> Shameera
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I think the objective of tonight's hangout should be to decide on the way forward to
get a simple workflow running end-to-end ASAP. I don't think it has to be a perfect solution,
but something that demonstrates feasibility of  the underlying architecture. Presumably it
may have loopholes, a lot of room for optimization, may not work with edge/extreme conditions,
but would give the impression that we can make it perfect when some additional effort put
in. If we can get there, I believe we can revisit and take it further from there easily (I
mean post GSoC).

> Thanks,
> Danushka
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:30 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> If you recollect we had some key goals and pre-requite for Airavata GSoC projects [1].
The key one is to have an integrated Masters projects and a collective team responsibility
to have a working project. I think collectively the integration really fell through the cracks
and got deferred until the end. Inspite of the mid-term warning that we need to have a big
picture and how each components will play together, we really unable to get a hello world
end to end tutorial. Can we please get to it? Its really hard to judge individual contributions.
More over if the integration does not come together, all of the code will RIP in sandbox.

> Can you guys sprint the last mile and get the code integrated? We see a small spike in
discussion and nothing beyond that. Can we get all patches in? In contrary to typical GSoC
contributions, haven't seem commits in last weeks.

> Can you all have a hangout tonight (India/SL) Friday at a time which works for all and
summery clearly a day to day roadmap from now to the firm pencil down data of Septmeber 23rd
[3]? Please see the timeline closely, the suggested pencil down date is 16th and a full code
documentation, test coverage and all should be done by 23rd. Every one has to really work
hard to pass the finals with all gsoc requirements.

> Suresh
>
> [1] - http://markmail.org/message/rmotieckqj3a4xxv
> [2] - http://markmail.org/thread/rw2qzpukheow5aiy
> [3] - http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013
>
> On Sep 1, 2013, at 5:17 PM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > 1. Using the Registry API inside AngularJS.
> >
> > It would be great if Sanchit and Subho could help me on this.
> >
> > What exactly are we trying to solve here?. Maybe I can take a look at it too.
> >

> > I am trying to figure out if we can somehow use the code Shameera has written directly
in the angular service. Till now I have been unsuccessful at getting this to work. I have
tried two techniques -

> > 1. Use Shameera's object in an Angular service. This doesn't work at all.
> > 2. Edit Shameera's code to add the $promise values to update the Angular models.
This seems to work intermittently, I think it comes down to whether a certain set of events
fire in the right order. So on the whole this method was unsuccessful.

> > It will be great if you guys can suggest (and maybe help implement) what else we
can do to make Shameera's code work out of the box in an Angular webapp.

> > The last option we have would be to probably re-write most of the registry API JS
client into an Angular service. Now this creates a problem that we will end up having two
JS clients. Maintaining two of these will not be easy.