airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: clarification
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:42:06 GMT
Hi Prabhakar,

What kind of an application is it? Airavata primarily works well with command line applications
only and doesn't have good (none) support for GUI based applications. It can monitor applications
running on HPC systems (typically linux) and managed by a batch queuing system like PBS/SGE.
There are integrations for Cloud systems like Amazon EC2. If your application is a command
line Unix/Solaris environment, yes Airavata can provide a graphical/programatic interface
to the application. But monitoring as of now, it can only say, application is invoked, successed/failed
and so forth. Any other detail is possible but application ail need to be instrumented.

If you can describe your use case a bit more, we can better answer your question.

Suresh

On Sep 25, 2013, at 2:38 AM, Prabhakar M <Prabhakar.M@hcl.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>

> My applications are running in Unix / Solaris environment. Can I able use these Iravata
monitoring frameworks for monitoring ?

> Regards
> Prabhakar M
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::
named recipient(s) only.
> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could
be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The
e mail and its contents
> (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator
or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and
may not necessarily reflect the
> views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of
authorized representative of
> HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it
and notify the sender immediately.