airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Status of integrated tutorial
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 23:49:32 GMT
Did the hangout happened?

We need to wrap up the gsoc projects today. Can all of you please provide wiki documents on
whats accomplished and what you cannot do. Please refer back to the proposals.

Cheers,
Suresh

On Sep 20, 2013, at 11:55 PM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm travelling to a workshop this weekend, so I will be busy during the day CST. So 10-11.30
am IST works well for me.

> Cheers,
> Subho.
>

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Please suggest the possible time when we all are available for discussion.
> I am fine with any time between 10 - 11.30 a.m IST or after 9 PM IST.
>
> Regards
> Sanchit Aggarwal
>

> On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 2:03 AM, Vijayendra Grampurohit <vijayendra.sdm@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> >>(Problems related to what Vijayendra is working on)
> >>-- Usage of HTTP API for RabbitMQ in the frontend
> >>-- Porting Vijayendra's code to AngularJS
>

> I was able to use management API and able to create a queue.
> publish a message to it. Then fetch the message and delete the queue using
> curl and rabbitmqadmin (utility provided by rabbitmq).
>
> I  also looked at
> https://github.com/smallfish/rabbitmq-http
> for HTTP API for  RabbitMQ.
>
> But it has some issues. I was not able to create a queue. I tried consuming message from
a existing queue, This also does not work .

> Need to discuss this .
>
> Regards
> Vijayendra
>

> On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Please note that GSoC is geared towards teaching contributions to the open source, and
not a coding challenge. Thats why it is very essential for these projects to demonstrate they
learned something from this program in the context of open source contributions.

> Suresh
>
> On Sep 20, 2013, at 4:09 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We have three more days and following GSOC guidelines here are the things need to
be done for all projects (including Viknes's).

> > * Have a working integrated hello world from end to end for master project
> > * Test cases for all the code
> > * Documentation
> > * Description on what the code did and how it addressed the proposal
> >
> > Suresh
> >
> > On Sep 20, 2013, at 9:02 AM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I dont think I will be able to make it today. Maybe you can send a summary of
what happened at the hangout...

> >> Cheers,
> >> Subho.
> >>

> >> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM, Vijayendra sdm <vijayendra.sdm@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi All
> >>
> >> Can we have hangout today at 10.30 PM IST ?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Vijayendra
> >>

> >> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Can we have it shortly?
> >>
> >> Danushka
> >>

> >> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi Subho,
> >>
> >> Thanks you very much for summary, please see my comment inline.
> >>

> >> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> We couldnt really discuss a lot in todays hangout, there were some issues with
getting the mics working properly. We are planning to have another hangout tomorrow at the
same time.

> >> It is very difficult to join a hangout at that time for me, as all of you guys
ok with that time, go on and please send a small note about conclusions and issues addressed
in this hangout session.

> >> In general, the problems we are having -
> >>
> >> (Problems relating to registry api and what you, Sanchit and I are working on)
> >> -- The airavata server is spitting out 405 errors in the links corresponding
to the provenance registry. But I can't seem to pinpoint what is causing the error. The server
logs say that a 405 request was served, but they don't have anything about why there was an
error.

> >> Hi subho i again checked provenance registry and it works for me, if it is possible
lets have an call at around 9.00 PM (EDT) resolve this issue?

> >> -- The XWF files are still coming down to the WebUI in an XML format. Is there
a separate API end-point for the JSON version of the data? (I have applied all your patches
to my version of the trunk)

> >> I have changed the request URL to "/airavata/services/registry/userwfregistry/get/workflows?isJson=true"
this will return all workflows in json format. to get a Workflow GraphXML in json format use
"/airavata/services/registry/userwfregistry/get/workflowgraph?workflowName=SSS&&isJson=true",
if you are using my registry api you don't need to change any think i have handle this inside
the registryAPI.

> >> Thanks,
> >> Shameera.
> >>

> >> (Problems related to what Vijayendra is working on)
> >> -- Usage of HTTP API for RabbitMQ in the frontend
> >> -- Porting Vijayendra's code to AngularJS
> >>
> >> General problems that need to be looked at once the ones above are fixed --
> >> -- Adding a phase in the maven build to pull the GSoC files and adding it to
the tomcat war.

> >> Cheers,
> >> Subho
> >>

> >> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi Guys,
> >>
> >> Extremely sorry i couldn't make it for this call, It would be great if one of
you can put summary or conclusion of the hangout then i can follow up the process and help
you guys to resolve any issues come in integration. At the moment i am working on Context
header thing, i have already opened an another thread for it.

> >> Thanks,
> >> Shameera.
> >>

> >> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi Guys
> >>
> >> Join the hangout at :
> >>
> >> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/f255b37ce77d79200162b13872b0078818f66770?pqs=1&authuser=0&hl=en
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Sanchit Aggarwal
> >> MS Research (Computer Science)
> >> Center for Visual Information Technology
> >> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> >> Contact - 9581417330
> >>

> >> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> +1.
> >>
> >> Danushka
> >>

> >> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi Guys
> >>
> >> Are We having a hangout today ? Is it fine to have it at 11 p.m ist ?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Sanchit Aggarwal
> >> MS Research (Computer Science)
> >> Center for Visual Information Technology
> >> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> >> Contact - 9581417330
> >>

> >> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Guys,
> >>
> >> Lets have it on Wednesday as I am in office right now. Please kindly note that
daytime (IST) does not work for me. Also I think Shameera is in the US on a customer engagement.
Lets make it our usual time (i.e. ~10:30 pm IST) either today or tomorrow. Lets check whether
that time works for everyone.

> >> Thanks,
> >> Danushka
> >>

> >> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I am fine with any time. If your are available now then we can have it right
now.

> >> Regards
> >> Sanchit Aggarwal
> >> MS Research (Computer Science)
> >> Center for Visual Information Technology
> >> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> >> Contact - 9581417330
> >>

> >> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> I will be travelling on Tuesday night (IST), could we instead have it Tuesday
morning 9-10 am IST (which is in a couple of hours) or on Wednesday.

> >> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Lets have it tomorrow for sure. Please mention the suitable time .
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Sanchit Aggarwal
> >> MS Research (Computer Science)
> >> Center for Visual Information Technology
> >> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> >> Contact - 9581417330
> >>

> >> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Sorry I couldn't make it.
> >> Next time maybe we can have the announcement for the hangout maybe a little
more in advance.

> >> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi all
> >>
> >> Are we having a hangout to discuss about the progress ? if yes can we have it
at 11.30 IST today?

> >> Regards
> >> Sanchit Aggarwal
> >> MS Research (Computer Science)
> >> Center for Visual Information Technology
> >> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> >> Contact - 9581417330
> >>

> >> On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> This is a quick update on what was discussed during today's hangout.
> >>
> >> 1. Angular JS services are likely to be done by Sunday evening.
> >> 2. Subho is working on the Registry API
> >> 3. Sanchit is going to start with the Workflow API
> >> 4. The REST API resource URL's have already been updated by Shameera so that
the 405 error that was discussed in the last hangout should no longer be there with the update
URL's
> >> 5. Danushka is to look at the RabbitMQ REST API so that the FE can talk to RabbitMQ
server directly instead of going through Node.js server

> >> *** Hopefully we are supposed to have an end-to-end sample running by early
next week. We will have the next hangout on Sunday night.

> >> Guys please add if I have missed out anything.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Danushka
> >>

> >> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Join in at https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/3dcdb4ca707eaf3ec76396701aa219c0c9897775?authuser=0&hl=en
> >>

> >> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> +1 for the approach.
> >>
> >> I also think it would be good if we can have a end-to-end "Hello world" workflow.
For the time being lets not concentrate on the perfect solution and focus on bringing the
different pieces together, once we have a running workflow we can attend to  imperfection
and loopholes post GSOC.

> >> Can we all meet around 11 P.M. IST ?
> >>
> >> +1 for 11 PM.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Sanchit Aggarwal
> >> MS Research (Computer Science)
> >> Center for Visual Information Technology
> >> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> >> Contact - 9581417330
> >>

> >> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> +1 for Danushka's  comments above. I too think it would be good to have a hangout
to sort out and discuss the way onwards from here with the master project.  If we are going
to have the handout today i would like to request to have it before 12.00 AM IST which is
within around 3 hours from now, as i have some issue in being present after that time.

> >> Hope to meet you all in there.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Shameera
> >>

> >> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> I think the objective of tonight's hangout should be to decide on the way forward
to get a simple workflow running end-to-end ASAP. I don't think it has to be a perfect solution,
but something that demonstrates feasibility of  the underlying architecture. Presumably it
may have loopholes, a lot of room for optimization, may not work with edge/extreme conditions,
but would give the impression that we can make it perfect when some additional effort put
in. If we can get there, I believe we can revisit and take it further from there easily (I
mean post GSoC).

> >> Thanks,
> >> Danushka
> >>

> >> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:30 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> If you recollect we had some key goals and pre-requite for Airavata GSoC projects
[1]. The key one is to have an integrated Masters projects and a collective team responsibility
to have a working project. I think collectively the integration really fell through the cracks
and got deferred until the end. Inspite of the mid-term warning that we need to have a big
picture and how each components will play together, we really unable to get a hello world
end to end tutorial. Can we please get to it? Its really hard to judge individual contributions.
More over if the integration does not come together, all of the code will RIP in sandbox.

> >> Can you guys sprint the last mile and get the code integrated? We see a small
spike in discussion and nothing beyond that. Can we get all patches in? In contrary to typical
GSoC contributions, haven't seem commits in last weeks.

> >> Can you all have a hangout tonight (India/SL) Friday at a time which works for
all and summery clearly a day to day roadmap from now to the firm pencil down data of Septmeber
23rd [3]? Please see the timeline closely, the suggested pencil down date is 16th and a full
code documentation, test coverage and all should be done by 23rd. Every one has to really
work hard to pass the finals with all gsoc requirements.

> >> Suresh
> >>
> >> [1] - http://markmail.org/message/rmotieckqj3a4xxv
> >> [2] - http://markmail.org/thread/rw2qzpukheow5aiy
> >> [3] - http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013

directly in the angular service. Till now I have been unsuccessful at getting this to work.
I have tried two techniques -

models. This seems to work intermittently, I think it comes down to whether a certain set
of events fire in the right order. So on the whole this method was unsuccessful.

else we can do to make Shameera's code work out of the box in an Angular webapp.

API JS client into an Angular service. Now this creates a problem that we will end up having
two JS clients. Maintaining two of these will not be easy.