airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding apache rat (License audit tool) to default build profile
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 14:55:26 GMT
On Sep 19, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> If I do "mvn -P pedantic verify -DskipTests=true" it finishes in less than a minute time
in current trunk. So if licenses are good it doesnt add significant additional time to the
build. Ofcourse if there are licensing issues developer has to fix those.

Sounds reasonable.

On a related topic, how about we have a flag for development and release? In the sense, if
we have users to download the release source and build it, it will be good to restrict it
to few minutes. So may be we can add a development flag and it will remain true in trunk and
during release tags we turn in to false?

Suresh

> Thanks
> Amila
>

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Amila,
>
> I am -0 on here is why:
>
> On one hand I agree it saves release time. But on flip side, I see the build time is
keep growing. I would vote for keeping it separate builds but developers make it a practice
to add license header and do not add author tags when they are checking in new code.