airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: clarification
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:23:11 GMT
Hi Prabhakar,

Unfortunately in the current state No. This is interesting use case thought, never thought
about it this way. So if you are looking for a out of the box solution, then no Airavata will
not help. If you are looking to develop such features using existing tools, then we can probably
think through, but that will be significant effort.

A good place for you to find if any of the existing apache projects can do what you are looking
for is http://community.apache.org/. You can send an email to dev@community.apache.org and
ask a question to help you point in the right direction.

Suresh

On Sep 25, 2013, at 9:01 AM, Prabhakar M <Prabhakar.M@hcl.com> wrote:

> Suresh,
>
> I am Prabhakar Mynampati, Senior Enterprise Architect working for HCL. My intension is
whether I can use these monitoring frameworks for BFSI domain applications like front office,
middle office and back office applications. These applications are built with different technologies
like J2EE, dot net and other custom applications? Will these Iravata helpful for monitoring
those applications input/output feeds in real time ( during live) ?

> Regards
> Prabhakar M

only and doesn't have good (none) support for GUI based applications. It can monitor applications
running on HPC systems (typically linux) and managed by a batch queuing system like PBS/SGE.
There are integrations for Cloud systems like Amazon EC2. If your application is a command
line Unix/Solaris environment, yes Airavata can provide a graphical/programatic interface
to the application. But monitoring as of now, it can only say, application is invoked, successed/failed
and so forth. Any other detail is possible but application ail need to be instrumented.

> If you can describe your use case a bit more, we can better answer your question.
>
> Suresh
>
> On Sep 25, 2013, at 2:38 AM, Prabhakar M <Prabhakar.M@hcl.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Team,
>>

>> My applications are running in Unix / Solaris environment. Can I able use these Iravata
monitoring frameworks for monitoring ?

>> Regards
>> Prabhakar M
>>

>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for
the named recipient(s) only.
>> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could
be intercepted, corrupted,
>> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission.
The e mail and its contents
>> (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the
originator or HCL or its affiliates.
>> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author
and may not necessarily reflect the
>> views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification,
>> distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent
of authorized representative of
>> HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete
it and notify the sender immediately.