airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Status of integrated tutorial
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:42:35 GMT
On Sep 13, 2013, at 2:42 AM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think the objective of tonight's hangout should be to decide on the way forward to
get a simple workflow running end-to-end ASAP. I don't think it has to be a perfect solution,
but something that demonstrates feasibility of  the underlying architecture. Presumably it
may have loopholes, a lot of room for optimization, may not work with edge/extreme conditions,
but would give the impression that we can make it perfect when some additional effort put
in. If we can get there, I believe we can revisit and take it further from there easily (I
mean post GSoC).

+ 1. By no means its expected all of you will magically solve all the challenging technical
issues in 2 weeks. But it needs to get to place where the code has to work with all known
limitations and bring out next TODO's.

Suresh

> Thanks,
> Danushka
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:30 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> If you recollect we had some key goals and pre-requite for Airavata GSoC projects [1].
The key one is to have an integrated Masters projects and a collective team responsibility
to have a working project. I think collectively the integration really fell through the cracks
and got deferred until the end. Inspite of the mid-term warning that we need to have a big
picture and how each components will play together, we really unable to get a hello world
end to end tutorial. Can we please get to it? Its really hard to judge individual contributions.
More over if the integration does not come together, all of the code will RIP in sandbox.

> Can you guys sprint the last mile and get the code integrated? We see a small spike in
discussion and nothing beyond that. Can we get all patches in? In contrary to typical GSoC
contributions, haven't seem commits in last weeks.

> Can you all have a hangout tonight (India/SL) Friday at a time which works for all and
summery clearly a day to day roadmap from now to the firm pencil down data of Septmeber 23rd
[3]? Please see the timeline closely, the suggested pencil down date is 16th and a full code
documentation, test coverage and all should be done by 23rd. Every one has to really work
hard to pass the finals with all gsoc requirements.

> Suresh
>
> [1] - http://markmail.org/message/rmotieckqj3a4xxv
> [2] - http://markmail.org/thread/rw2qzpukheow5aiy
> [3] - http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013
>
> On Sep 1, 2013, at 5:17 PM, Subho Banerjee <subs.zero@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > 1. Using the Registry API inside AngularJS.
> >
> > It would be great if Sanchit and Subho could help me on this.
> >
> > What exactly are we trying to solve here?. Maybe I can take a look at it too.
> >

> > I am trying to figure out if we can somehow use the code Shameera has written directly
in the angular service. Till now I have been unsuccessful at getting this to work. I have
tried two techniques -

> > 1. Use Shameera's object in an Angular service. This doesn't work at all.
> > 2. Edit Shameera's code to add the $promise values to update the Angular models.
This seems to work intermittently, I think it comes down to whether a certain set of events
fire in the right order. So on the whole this method was unsuccessful.

> > It will be great if you guys can suggest (and maybe help implement) what else we
can do to make Shameera's code work out of the box in an Angular webapp.

> > The last option we have would be to probably re-write most of the registry API JS
client into an Angular service. Now this creates a problem that we will end up having two
JS clients. Maintaining two of these will not be easy.