airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do we maintain a 0.8 jar which need to be updated
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:00:56 GMT
On Sep 18, 2013, at 3:57 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we need to do patch release based on the issues fixed in a particular branch.
If there are reasonably important fixes in a given branch we need to do a patch release.

> I don't think its a good idea to do an apache release for a single issue which is not
a higher priority. IMHO someone has to come up with the fixes done in a particular branch
and call a vote for a patch release and decide whether we need to do a patch release or not.

+ 1. Irrespective of the versioning, this sounds like a fine approach.

Suresh

> Lahiru
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> For paramchem, we found a bug [1] in XBaya code. Xbaya jar is used by paramboroo client.
We have a separate branch for 0.8. We can commit the changes in to that branch. But how can
we make sure that paramboroo will get the latest jar from the repo. What is the best way to
maintain that ?