airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.8 Branch?
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:14:37 GMT
On Aug 19, 2013, at 9:31 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Suresh, I think a better approach would be to have a corresponding 0.9 clone with the
commit id for each 0.8 ticket created so that we can just cherry pick the changes onto the
0.9  path.

This looks like the git language, I am sorry, can you elaborate how to do it in svn+JIRA?

Also, we should not be doing any new feature additions to 0.8 branch, but only bug fixes and
treat it purely as a maintenance branch.

I will goahead and create the branch now and if we have any objections, we can always revert
it.

Suresh

> Danushka
>

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:40 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 2013, at 5:05 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > +1.
> > We also need to make sure fixes applied to 0.8 are also in trunk (so that they will
go to 0.9 also).

> Thats right, when I create a JIRA, I will also crate a 0.9 release blocker to fetch all
0.8 commits.

> Suresh
>

> > Thanks
> > Amila
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@iu.edu> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > While we are working on 0.9 release, we need to have place to apply fixes found
in the last 0.8 release. Any objections in creating a 0.8 branch?