airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Building and running Xbaya web ui
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:18:05 GMT
This is great feedback. For lazy people like me, is it possible to have a hosted version of
the latest code so I can skip the build process and get to reviewing the UI?

We have a pending INFRA ticket [1] on getting a VM for such purposes, but in the interim,
we can arrange a server to deploy.

Suresh
[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6102

On Aug 19, 2013, at 12:00 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sanchit and all,
>
> I was able to start the airavata web UI using the instructions in the readme file.
>
> Registry URL in Connect to Airavata is not correct. It should be http://localhost:8080/airavata/services/registry
instead of http://localhost:8080/airavata-registry/api. I also understand that application
registration, host registration is not working. May be this is due to the same issue that
you talked about in the hangout session. Here are some improvements to the current UI as I
feel.
> 	• Application Registration
> 		• Executable path in application registration should be browsable also editable
> 		• Not all the advanced options are listed at the moment
> 	• Host Registration
> 		• Gram Endpoint info and GridFTP info should appear according to the selected Resource
Protocol.
> 		• Currently Resource Protocol list is empty
> 	• Workflow creation view
> 		• It is very much different from XBaya workflow creation environment. User who is
familiar with XBaya will not be able to map things easily.
> 		• Lot more components need to be added
> 	• Monitoring panel
> 		• I was not able to see any monitoring information even though I ran a workflow
> 	• In General improvements
> 		• It will be better to have errors printed in the console where you run the web interface.
Those error messages will be quite useful in debugging
> 		• Text boxes should be filled with the default values
> 		• Once a user connect to airavata server, Connect To Registry view in the home page
should change

> Thanks and Regards,
> Chathuri
>

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Amila
>
> After installing all the required components.
> instead of grunt test,run grunt server , there might be some test case failure as mentioned
here

> "Uncaught ReferenceError: require is not defined
> 	at /Users/thejaka/development/apache/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013/app/scripts/NodeSubscriber.js:26"
>
> the application is not able to register the require function, may be due to some missing
component, may be socket.io is not getting properly loaded.
> anyways if you run "grunt server", you can launch the xbaya UI
>
> Regards
> Sanchit Aggarwal
> MS Research (Computer Science)
> Center for Visual Information Technology
> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> Contact - 9581417330
>

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:
> After installing "compass" I am getting error in [2].
> Anyhow I am more interested in point 3 in my initial mail.
> i.e. "How can I deploy and start XBaya web UI ?"
>
> Thanks
> Amila
>
> [2]
> [~/development/apache/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013]>grunt test
> Running "clean:server" (clean) task
> Cleaning ".tmp"...OK
>
> Running "concurrent:test" (concurrent) task
>
>     Running "coffee:dist" (coffee) task
>
>     Running "coffee:test" (coffee) task
>
>     Done, without errors.
>
>     Running "compass:dist" (compass) task
>     directory .tmp/styles/
>        create .tmp/styles/main.css
>
>     Running "compass:server" (compass) task
>     unchanged app/styles/main.scss
>
>     Done, without errors.
>
> Running "connect:test" (connect) task
> Started connect web server on localhost:9000.
>
> Running "karma:unit" (karma) task
> INFO [karma]: Karma server started at http://localhost:8080/
> INFO [launcher]: Starting browser Chrome
> WARN [watcher]: Pattern "/Users/thejaka/development/apache/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013/test/mock/**/*.js"
does not match any file.
> INFO [Chrome 28.0 (Mac)]: Connected on socket id UmdTRpXKzt8Tf7sY5X-T
> Chrome 28.0 (Mac) ERROR
> 	Uncaught ReferenceError: require is not defined
> 	at /Users/thejaka/development/apache/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013/app/scripts/NodeSubscriber.js:26
> Chrome 28.0 (Mac): Executed 0 of 0 ERROR (0.085 secs / 0 secs)
> Warning: Task "karma:unit" failed. Use --force to continue.
>
> Aborted due to warnings.
>

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Amila
>
> You have to install ruby gems : compass.
> We can have a script for the initial setup but we hope to include it in maven build during
the integration of all the sub-projects.

> 1. "gem install compass" will do the necessary.
>
> Regards
> Sanchit Aggarwal
> MS Research (Computer Science)
> Center for Visual Information Technology
> IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
> Contact - 9581417330
>

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was trying to build and run XBaya web ui currently in gsoc2013 folder in sandbox. I
was following instructions in [1].

> I am having following concerns;
> 1. According to [1] we need to install few software components before building the source.
Can we compile a script to setup initial environment ?
> 2. When I run "grunt test", I get following output;
>
> [~/development/apache/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013]>grunt test
> Running "clean:server" (clean) task
>
> Running "concurrent:test" (concurrent) task
>
>     Running "coffee:dist" (coffee) task
>
>     Running "coffee:test" (coffee) task
>
>     Done, without errors.
>         Warning: Running "compass:dist" (compass) task
>     Warning: You need to have Ruby and Compass installed and in your system PATH for
this task to work. More info: https://github.com/gruntjs/grunt-contrib-compass Use --force
to continue.

>     Aborted due to warnings. Use --force to continue.
>
>         Aborted due to warnings.

> Above warning complains about "ruby". Do we need ruby to run tests ?
>
> 3. How can I deploy and start XBaya web UI ? (Couldnt find any wiki link relevant to
this, other than a registry api java script client)