airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Introducing a new service to execute workflows
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 08:11:10 GMT
Hi devs,

We use the WorkflowInterpretor web service in Airavata Server to submit
workflow executions to the Airavata Server. I feel it is inadequate for our
current needs for workflow executions. Rather than updating the service I
think we should start working on a design for a new service with following
requirements,

   - Secure communication between client and service
   - Executing/scheduling experiments (multiple workflows)
   - Cancel/terminate currently executing experiments
   - Pause/resume currently executing experiments
   - Restart/resume failed/canceled experiments
   - Rerun existing experiments

I would like to know your thoughts on this both on design and
implementation.

Thanks,
Saminda