airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Features for 0.9 Release
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 20:02:08 GMT
Hi All,

Brief update about the release.

So far we have completed following features.

1. Upgrade JGlobus version to 2.0.6 (Still pointing to 2.0.6-rc2, once we
get 2.0.6 release out we will point to 2.0.6)
2. Complete Airavata Credential Store (This was blocked in 0.8 due to
JGlobus version)
3. Recovery mechanisms at GFac level
          a. Two phase commit
          b. Resuming Job monitoring after Airavata restarts

Raminder please updated feature status - Asynchronous execution of
application in Local and SSH provider

Saminda please update about following features.

1. New Workflow Interpreter - Milestone for this week is to have review and
discussion of the proposed architecture.
2. Develop a REST API for the Execution functionality of Airavata

As per our initial plan we are suppose to release Airavata 0.9 on 20th
August. But due to some pending tasks on above features I would like to
request postpone release until 23rd.

I would like to propose following plan;
 - 19 August 2013 - Feature freeze for 0.9
 - 19 August - 23 August - Test features and fix issues
 - 23 August - Release Candidate 1

Please add comments/feedback/objections.

Thank you
Regards
Amila