airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Integrating GSoC Master project building blocks
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2013 15:33:56 GMT
Hi All,

As everybody agreed, this is the time for $Subject. As a first step we can
plug registry with front-end web UI. For this we can have one or few
hangout calls and work together to make it functioning. Please suggest if
you have a different approach for this. Please refer this wiki
page<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/JavaScript+Regsitry+Client>for
airavata JS registry client API.

@Sanchit,
We were talking about writing a registry API as an angular service, But if
we do that then this registry api gets strictly bind to the angular. IMO it
is not good. If we provide this as a native JS API which we currently have,
then we are not bound to any framework and others can also use this API and
write their own UI. What if we write a Angular service which use this API
and use that Angular service for your implementation. We can do it , isn't
it?

@Subho,
As you had asked i have added about how we can locally deploy and test our
master project in local machine, into above wiki page under "Deploy
JavaScript Registry" section. As this is not the correct way to deploy our
final service i have stroked out the content. Later we can remove that.

Thanks,
Shameera.

--
Best Regards,