airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Building and running Xbaya web ui
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:00:44 GMT
Hi Sanchit and all,

I was able to start the airavata web UI using the instructions in the
readme file.

Registry URL in Connect to Airavata is not correct. It should be
http://localhost:8080/airavata/services/registry instead of
http://localhost:8080/airavata-registry/api. I also understand that
application registration, host registration is not working. May be this is
due to the same issue that you talked about in the hangout session. Here
are some improvements to the current UI as I feel.

   - Application Registration
   - Executable path in application registration should be browsable also
      editable
      - Not all the advanced options are listed at the moment
   - Host Registration
      - Gram Endpoint info and GridFTP info should appear according to the
      selected Resource Protocol.
      - Currently Resource Protocol list is empty
   - Workflow creation view
      - It is very much different from XBaya workflow creation environment.
      User who is familiar with XBaya will not be able to map things easily.
      - Lot more components need to be added
   - Monitoring panel
      - I was not able to see any monitoring information even though I ran
      a workflow
   - In General improvements
      - It will be better to have errors printed in the console where you
      run the web interface. Those error messages will be quite useful in
      debugging
      - Text boxes should be filled with the default values
      - Once a user connect to airavata server, Connect To Registry view in
      the home page should change

Thanks and Regards,
Chathuri