airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Viknes Balasubramanee <vikn...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Search for Experiments of user in a specified date range
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:35:55 GMT
Ok. But searching by user is now in Provenance Registry and I hope
introducing this in Experiment Registry doesn't add more confusion.
Currently I want to be able to search by user and date range but later on we
might want to search with more fields as well (for eg. By execution status).
So adding methods for each search fields separately and then writing methods
for combination would lead to too many methods. So I suggest we define a
class/interface for search criteria and based on the fields that are set in
this object, we can perform the search and return the results.

Viknes

From: Saminda Wijeratne [mailto:samindaw@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:17 PM
To: dev@airavata.apache.org
Subject: Re: Search for Experiments of user in a specified date range

I'd suggest to use ExperimentRegistry since your search usecase suggests you
need to search experiment level data.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Viknes Balasubramanee <
<mailto:viknesb@msn.com> viknesb@msn.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I want to fetch the experiments run by a particular user in a specific date
range. Currently we can fetch the experiments run by a user or experiments
run in a specified date range but not the combination of both. So I would
like to add a method in the API to facilitate this.
I am not quite sure where to add this method.

I see get experiments by Project/Date in ExperimentRegistry.
Get experiments by user,id/ get experiment errors/ get experiment metadata
in ProvenanceRegistry.

Can you help me understand why experiment operations are provided in two
services when there is a specific experiment registry and where I should add
the new method.

Thanks
Viknes