airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating GSoC Master project building blocks
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 19:43:18 GMT
Hi All,

Is the hangout on schedule?

Can we please have a plan to have a tutorial similar to the Airavata in 10 minute tutorial
[1] using the web version?

Suresh
[1] - http://airavata.apache.org/documentation/tutorials/airavata-in-10-minutes.html
On Aug 14, 2013, at 12:10 AM, Vijayendra Grampurohit <vijayendra.sdm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> It would be fine for me
>

> Regards
> Vijayendra
>

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:
> + for a hangout this Saturday. 9:30 PM (IST) would be fine by me.
>
> Thanks,
> Danushka
>

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sanchit,
>
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Shameera
>
> Well It is good if we have a native JS API which is not bound to any framework,but I
am not sure whether we can use the JS API directly in Angular service due to angular constraints,
else we have to replicate the code.
> Can we have a hangout sometime this weekend ? please reply with a suitable time?
> yes sure lets have a hangout, Dhanushka could you arrange this hangout?. What about this
Saturday 7.30 pm (IST) , 10.00 am (EST)? we can complete the parts that need to fix for this
integration these days.

> @Dhanushka +1, yes little documentation on UI part would be good.
>
> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>

> Regards
> Sanchit Aggarwal
>

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As everybody agreed, this is the time for $Subject. As a first step we can plug registry
with front-end web UI. For this we can have one or few hangout calls and work together to
make it functioning. Please suggest if you have a different approach for this. Please refer
this wiki page for airavata JS registry client API.

> @Sanchit,
> We were talking about writing a registry API as an angular service, But if we do that
then this registry api gets strictly bind to the angular. IMO it is not good. If we provide
this as a native JS API which we currently have, then we are not bound to any framework and
others can also use this API and write their own UI. What if we write a Angular service which
use this API and use that Angular service for your implementation. We can do it , isn't it?

> @Subho,
> As you had asked i have added about how we can locally deploy and test our master project
in local machine, into above wiki page under "Deploy JavaScript Registry" section. As this
is not the correct way to deploy our final service i have stroked out the content. Later we
can remove that.