airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Features for 0.9 Release
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:23:09 GMT
Hi All,

The hangout is live on  - https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/c69b418650eb6c9d4d9a1a90d9b74d062c69360d?hl=en

We will make sure to compile the notes in case you are unable to join the hangout now.

Suresh
On Aug 20, 2013, at 10:59 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We need to get this release out this week to be on the 6-week schedule we discussed before.
Also, we have too many open issues in JIRA, it will be nice to scour through them.

> How about a hangout tomorrow (08/21) at 1pm eastern time? I understand this is not a
good time for all timezones, but lets start with who ever can join and make some progress
and call out for a early time hangout Thursday or Friday as needed. I will post the hangout
URL in advance of the time.

> Suresh
>
> On Aug 16, 2013, at 4:02 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Brief update about the release.
>>
>> So far we have completed following features.
>>
>> 1. Upgrade JGlobus version to 2.0.6 (Still pointing to 2.0.6-rc2, once we get 2.0.6
release out we will point to 2.0.6)
>> 2. Complete Airavata Credential Store (This was blocked in 0.8 due to JGlobus version)
>> 3. Recovery mechanisms at GFac level
>>          a. Two phase commit
>>          b. Resuming Job monitoring after Airavata restarts
>>
>> Raminder please updated feature status - Asynchronous execution of application in
Local and SSH provider

>> Saminda please update about following features.
>>
>> 1. New Workflow Interpreter - Milestone for this week is to have review and discussion
of the proposed architecture.
>> 2. Develop a REST API for the Execution functionality of Airavata
>>
>> As per our initial plan we are suppose to release Airavata 0.9 on 20th August. But
due to some pending tasks on above features I would like to request postpone release until
23rd.

>> I would like to propose following plan;
>> - 19 August 2013 - Feature freeze for 0.9
>> - 19 August - 23 August - Test features and fix issues
>> - 23 August - Release Candidate 1
>>
>> Please add comments/feedback/objections.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Regards
>> Amila
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> I would like to add Asynchronous execution of application in Local and SSH provider
to 0.9 list. Please refer to mail discussion thread "Synchronous vs Async submissions in GFAC
provider" for more details.

>> Thanks
>> Raminder
>>
>> On Jul 16, 2013, at 9:56 AM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>>> + 1 for this list. Also, I would like to add Unicore BES provider contributions
from Shahbaz to 0.9 release.

>>> GSoC students should also bring in as much as possible into trunk for this release,
but we need not focus on them as the release features. We can go with the same approach we
have been taking, new features gets added to trunk and make sure they do not break any thing.
As they linger around through one cycle, the subsequent release we put them on focus and test
through, harden and account them as the airavata features and support from there on.

>>> Amila, since you started the list, will you also volunteer to be the RM for this
release?

>>> Sorry, Suresh for the late reply. I put a note in my head to reply to this but
forgot with some other work.

>>> Yes I will play the Release Manager role for 0.9 release.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Amila
>>>

>>> If we go with the 6 week release cycle as we agreed before, we will be shooting
August 20th.