airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: API to get list of users
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 04:16:18 GMT
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2013, at 10:27 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Viknes,
> >
> > I am sorry, I was under the impression you are using AiravataAPI. But
> seems
> > you are using the registry api. Therefore +1 for creating UserRegistry
> and
> > adding user related methods.
>
> + 1. Technically Viknes's gsoc project has two parts. His contributions of
> a administrative monitoring dashboard can become a component within
> Airavata. For this t is justified to use the more internal Registry API
> with less stringent  security requirements (assuming the web app can be
> co-hosted with the server). But if we look at the other side of this gsoc
> project, the goal was to make this administrative web interface
> "embeddable" into downstream portals. These interfaces should ideally use
> Airavata API and follow standard integration security requirements. But for
> now, we probably can focus on the internal (bundled administrative
> interface).

+1

> Suresh
>

> > Thanks
> > Amila
> >

> > On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Amila Jayasekara <
> thejaka.amila@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Viknes,
> >>
> >> Please see some comments inline.

> registry
> >>>

> >> There is already an interface
> >> called org.apache.airavata.client.api.UserManager.
> >> Please add your methods to that.

> authentication, I
> not, I
> >>>

> >> There isnt a logout method. Please go a head and implement it.

I suggest to use the java interface
org.apache.airavata.registry.api.AiravataSubRegistry to include the
functions like,
connect()
disconnect()
"logout" sounds more impl specific. Also your patch will have to update the
isActive() function which is already there to support the changes you are
making.

Saminda