airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC] Building and running Xbaya web ui
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 15:51:04 GMT
Hi All,

I was trying to build and run XBaya web ui currently in gsoc2013 folder in
sandbox. I was following instructions in [1].

I am having following concerns;
1. According to [1] we need to install few software components before
building the source. Can we compile a script to setup initial environment ?
2. When I run "grunt test", I get following output;

[~/development/apache/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013]>grunt test
Running "clean:server" (clean) task

Running "concurrent:test" (concurrent) task

    Running "coffee:dist" (coffee) task

    Running "coffee:test" (coffee) task

    Done, without errors.
        Warning: Running "compass:dist" (compass) task
    Warning: You need to have Ruby and Compass installed and in your system
PATH for this task to work. More info:
https://github.com/gruntjs/grunt-contrib-compass Use --force to continue.

    Aborted due to warnings. Use --force to continue.

        Aborted due to warnings.

Above warning complains about "ruby". Do we need ruby to run tests ?

3. How can I deploy and start XBaya web UI ? (Couldnt find any wiki link
relevant to this, other than a registry api java script client)

Thanks
Amila

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013/README.md