airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.8 - RC3
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 15:11:27 GMT
I think I was able to fix issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
AIRAVATA-879.

Cause for the issue -
Airavata database and schema is created using a separate web service
called org.apache.airavata.registry.services.RegistryService. Other
services (E.g :- messanger service) which uses AiravataAPI depends on above
service. Therefore if axis2 deployer decided to deploy messanger service
first we will see exception in above issue.

Solution: Try to connect to RegistryService and if connection fails wait
for some time and re-try. If re-trying fail for several iterations
determine that RegistryService is unavailable and throw an exception.

TODO : Need to verify this fix in Viknes's machine. (The issue is
consistently reproducible in his machine)

Further RegistryService doesnt provide any operations. So it is redundant
have this service just to initialize database and schema. I think we should
remove this service and move DB/Schema creation to some other initializing
method.

Feedback/comments appreciated.

Thanks
Amila