airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrading JGlobus version 2.0.6-RC2
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 21:21:01 GMT
Hi All,

Within next two days I am planning to upgrade JGlobus [1] version to
2.0.6-RC2. With the upgrade I am also planning to introduce following
functionalities at GFac level.

1. Recovery mechanisms at GFac level
          a. Two phase commit
          b. Resuming Job monitoring after Airavata restarts
2. Job cancellation at GFac API level

Some of the FAQs are answered below;

a. Why upgrade ?
We had been using cog-jglobus 1.8.0 for grid communication. This is a
fairly old library and some of the functionalities are not supported.
(E.g:- TLS communication, SHA2 support, Support to handle X509Certificates
using Java objects)

b. Why "RC2" ?
We have tested 2.0.6-RC2 against functionalities we use within GFac. You
may find these test cases in [2].

c. What are the areas tested ?
Tests cover, myproxy operations, file transfer operations and job
submission. Further these tests were ran against trestles, lonestar and
stampede providers.

d. From where we going to pick 2.0.6-RC2 jars ?
Since 2.0.6-RC2 is not yet released we will add these jars as file system
repo to trunk. Plan is to get JGlobus 2.0.6 release out before 0.9 release.

Relevant Jira is in [3].

Comments/objections/concerns welcome.

[1] https://github.com/jglobus/JGlobus
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/sandbox/grid-tools (See