airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Job cancellation in GFac
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:11:28 GMT
Hi All,

I have added following methods to GFacProvider interface to do job
cancellation. But we need to figure out from where these methods should be
called. As I feel these methods should get triggered from Workflow
Interpretter.

I would like to use this mail thread to discuss how we can invoke
cancellation methods and how we can expose job cancellation at API.

Please give feedback.

Thanks
Amila

/**
     * Cancels all jobs relevant to an experiment.
     * @param experimentId The experiment id
     * @param jobExecutionContext The job execution context, contains
runtime information.
     * @throws GFacException If an error occurred while cancelling the job.
     */
    void cancelJob(String experimentId, JobExecutionContext
jobExecutionContext) throws GFacException;

    /**
     * Cancels all jobs relevant to a workflow in an experiment.
     * @param experimentId The experiment id
     * @param workflowId The workflow id.
     * @param jobExecutionContext The job execution context, contains
runtime information.
     * @throws GFacException If an error occurred while cancelling the job.
     */
    void cancelJob(String experimentId, String workflowId,
                   JobExecutionContext jobExecutionContext) throws
GFacException;

    /**
     * Cancels the job for a given a workflow id and node id in an
experiment.
     * @param experimentId The experiment id.
     * @param workflowId The workflow id.
     * @param nodeId The node id.
     * @param jobExecutionContext The job execution context relevant to
cancel job operation.
     * @throws GFacException If an error occurred while cancelling the job.
     */
    void cancelJob(String experimentId, String workflowId, String nodeId,