airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Viknes Balasubramanee <vikn...@msn.com>
Subject RE: API to get list of users
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 20:09:20 GMT
I have created a JIRA for this and have created a simple registry to get me
the list of users in the registry. Please verify the structure of this so that
I can proceed further with implementing other required methods. Also if you
have any methods that you feel should be added, please comment about them in
the JIRA issue.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-880

Thanks
Viknes

-----Original Message-----
From: Saminda Wijeratne [mailto:samindaw@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:16 AM
To: dev@airavata.apache.org
Cc: viknesb
Subject: Re: API to get list of users

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2013, at 10:27 PM, Amila Jayasekara
> <thejaka.amila@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Viknes,
> >
> > I am sorry, I was under the impression you are using AiravataAPI.
> > But
> seems
> > you are using the registry api. Therefore +1 for creating
> > UserRegistry
> and
> > adding user related methods.
>
> + 1. Technically Viknes's gsoc project has two parts. His
> + contributions of
> a administrative monitoring dashboard can become a component within
> Airavata. For this t is justified to use the more internal Registry
> API with less stringent  security requirements (assuming the web app
> can be co-hosted with the server). But if we look at the other side of
> this gsoc project, the goal was to make this administrative web
> interface "embeddable" into downstream portals. These interfaces
> should ideally use Airavata API and follow standard integration
> security requirements. But for now, we probably can focus on the
> internal (bundled administrative interface).

+1

> Suresh
>

> > Thanks
> > Amila
> >

> > On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Amila Jayasekara <
> thejaka.amila@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Viknes,
> >>
> >> Please see some comments inline.
> >>

> >> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Viknes Balasubramanee
> >> <viknesb@msn.com

> registry
> >>>

> >> There is already an interface
> >> called org.apache.airavata.client.api.UserManager.
> >> Please add your methods to that.

> authentication, I
> not, I
> >>>

> >> There isnt a logout method. Please go a head and implement it.

I suggest to use the java interface
org.apache.airavata.registry.api.AiravataSubRegistry to include the functions
like,
connect()
disconnect()
"logout" sounds more impl specific. Also your patch will have to update the
isActive() function which is already there to support the changes you are
making.

Saminda