airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Viknes Balasubramanee <vikn...@msn.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.8 - RC3
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 19:50:31 GMT
Hi all,

I downloaded the server bin distribution, tried to start the server and I
got the below exception.
It seems this error occurs only the first time I start the server. It does
not occur the subsequent times during the startup.

Mon Jul 01 15:13:32 EDT 2013 : Apache Derby Network Server - 10.9.1.0 -
(1344872) started and ready to accept connection
s on port 1527
DriverClassName=org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver,Url=jdbc:derby://localhos
t:1527/persistent_data;create=true;user=aira
vata;password=airavata,Username=airavata,Password=airavata,validationQuery=S
ELECT 1 from Configuration,MaxActive=10,MaxI
dle=5,MinIdle=2,MaxWait=60000,testWhileIdle=true,testOnBorrow=true
52  airavata_data  INFO   [Thread-8] openjpa.Runtime - Starting OpenJPA
2.2.0
[ERROR] Error while initializing the Airavata API
org.apache.airavata.client.api.exception.AiravataAPIInvocationException:
Error while initializing the Airavata API
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:64)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:43)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:39)
        at
org.apache.airavata.wsmg.msgbox.MsgBoxServiceLifeCycle$1.run(MsgBoxServiceLi
feCycle.java:117)
Caused by:
org.apache.airavata.client.api.exception.AiravataAPIInvocationException:
Error while initializing the Airavat
a API
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataClient.initialize(AiravataClient.java:163
)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:61)
        ... 3 more
Caused by: <openjpa-2.2.0-r422266:1244990 fatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Cann
ot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Schema 'AIRAVATA' does not exist)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionaryFactory.newDBDictionary(DBDictionary
Factory.java:102)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.getDBDictionaryInstance(J
DBCConfigurationImpl.java:603)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.endConfiguration(MappingRepos
itory.java:1510)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.configureInstance(Configurations.
java:518)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.configureInstance(Configurations.
java:443)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.PluginValue.instantiate(PluginValue.java:104)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.conf.MetaDataRepositoryValue.instantiate(MetaDataReposito
ryValue.java:68)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.ObjectValue.instantiate(ObjectValue.java:83)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.newMetaDataRepositoryInstan
ce(OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.java:
968)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.getMetaDataRepositoryInstan
ce(OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.java:
959)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.makeReadOnly(AbstractBrokerF
actory.java:638)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.newBroker(AbstractBrokerFact
ory.java:203)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingBrokerFactory.newBroker(DelegatingBroker
Factory.java:156)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(
EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:227
)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(
EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:154
)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(
EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:60)

        at
org.apache.airavata.persistance.registry.jpa.ResourceUtils.getEntityManager(
ResourceUtils.java:68)
        at
org.apache.airavata.persistance.registry.jpa.ResourceUtils.getConfigurations
(ResourceUtils.java:201)
        at
org.apache.airavata.persistance.registry.jpa.ResourceUtils.getConfiguration(
ResourceUtils.java:223)
        at
org.apache.airavata.persistance.registry.jpa.impl.AiravataJPARegistry.getCon
figuration(AiravataJPARegistry.ja
va:226)
        at
org.apache.airavata.persistance.registry.jpa.impl.AiravataJPARegistry.initia
lize(AiravataJPARegistry.java:159
)
        at
org.apache.airavata.registry.api.AiravataRegistryFactory.getRegistry(Airavat
aRegistryFactory.java:81)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataClient.getRegistry(AiravataClient.java:21
6)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataClient.createConfig(AiravataClient.java:1
12)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataClient.initialize(AiravataClient.java:144
)
        ... 4 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Schema 'AIRAVATA' does n
ot exist)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(Basi
cDataSource.java:1549)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.jav
a:1388)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:1
044)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DelegatingDataSource.getConnection(DelegatingDat
aSource.java:110)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DecoratingDataSource.getConnection(DecoratingDat
aSource.java:87)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionaryFactory.newDBDictionary(DBDictionary
Factory.java:91)
        ... 28 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Schema 'AIRAVATA' does not
exist
        at
org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement
.java:208)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.validateConnection(Poolabl
eConnectionFactory.java:658)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataS
ource.java:1558)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(Basi
cDataSource.java:1545)
        ... 33 more
Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: Schema 'AIRAVATA' does
not exist
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.completeSqlca(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parsePrepareError(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parsePRPSQLSTTreply(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unkn
own Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.client.net.StatementReply.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatement.readPrepareDescribeOutput_(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.flowExecute(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeQueryX(Unknown
Source)
        ... 38 more
[ERROR] Error while initializing the Airavata API
org.apache.airavata.client.api.exception.AiravataAPIInvocationException:
Error while initializing the Airavata API
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:64)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:43)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:39)
        at
org.apache.airavata.wsmg.broker.BrokerServiceLifeCycle$1.run(BrokerServiceLi
feCycle.java:156)
Caused by:
[...]
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.getMappingRepositoryInsta
nce(JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:71
1)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.JDBCBrokerFactory.synchronizeMappings(JDBCBro
kerFactory.java:140)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.JDBCBrokerFactory.synchronizeMappings(JDBCBro
kerFactory.java:164)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.JDBCBrokerFactory.newBrokerImpl(JDBCBrokerFac
tory.java:122)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.newBroker(AbstractBrokerFact
ory.java:209)
[...]

        ... 31 more
[...]
        ... 36 more
[...]
        ... 41 more
[INFO] New Database created for Registry
59649  airavata_data  INFO   [Thread-3] openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary
class "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDic
tionary" (Apache Derby 10.9.1.0 - (1344872) ,Apache Derby Network Client
JDBC Driver 10.9.1.0 - (1344872)).
[INFO] Deploying Web service: airavata-registry-service-0.8.jar -
file:/C:/Users/Viknes/DOWNLO~1/APACHE~1.8-B/APACHE~1.8
/bin/../repository/services/airavata-registry-service-0.8.jar
[INFO] Deploying Web service: airavata-xbaya-gui-0.8.jar -
file:/C:/Users/Viknes/DOWNLO~1/APACHE~1.8-B/APACHE~1.8/bin/..
/repository/services/airavata-xbaya-gui-0.8.jar
[INFO] Deploying Web service: version-1.5.1.aar -
file:/C:/Users/Viknes/DOWNLO~1/APACHE~1.8-B/APACHE~1.8/bin/../reposito
ry/services/version-1.5.1.aar
Jul 01, 2013 3:14:42 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
[ERROR] Unable to create Airavata API
org.apache.airavata.client.api.exception.AiravataAPIInvocationException:
Error while initializing the Airavata API
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:64)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:43)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:39)
        at
org.apache.airavata.xbaya.interpretor.WorkflowInterpretorSkeleton.getAiravat
aAPI(WorkflowInterpretorSkeleton.
java:122)
        at
org.apache.airavata.xbaya.interpretor.WorkflowInterpretorSkeleton.access$200
(WorkflowInterpretorSkeleton.java
:78)
        at
org.apache.airavata.xbaya.interpretor.WorkflowInterpretorSkeleton$1.run(Work
flowInterpretorSkeleton.java:158)

Caused by:
org.apache.airavata.client.api.exception.AiravataAPIInvocationException:
Error while initializing the Airavat
a API
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataClient.initialize(AiravataClient.java:163
)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:61)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: <openjpa-2.2.0-r422266:1244990 nonfatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: An erro
r occurred while parsing the query filter "SELECT p FROM Configuration p
WHERE p.config_key =:param0". Error message: Th
e name "Configuration" is not a recognized entity or identifier. Known
entity names: []
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.exps.AbstractExpressionBuilder.parseException(Abst
ractExpressionBuilder.java:119)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getClassMetaData(JPQLEx
pressionBuilder.java:197)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.resolveClassMetaData(JP
QLExpressionBuilder.java:167)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getCandidateMetaData(JP
QLExpressionBuilder.java:242)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getCandidateMetaData(JP
QLExpressionBuilder.java:212)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getCandidateType(JPQLEx
pressionBuilder.java:205)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.access$200(JPQLExpressi
onBuilder.java:80)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder$ParsedJPQL.populate(JPQ
LExpressionBuilder.java:2417)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLParser.populate(JPQLParser.java:61)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ExpressionStoreQuery.populateFromCompilation(Expre
ssionStoreQuery.java:162)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.newCompilation(QueryImpl.java:673)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.compilationFromCache(QueryImpl.java:654)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.compileForCompilation(QueryImpl.java:620
)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.compileForExecutor(QueryImpl.java:682)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.compile(QueryImpl.java:589)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerImpl.createQuery(EntityManagerIm
pl.java:997)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerImpl.createQuery(EntityManagerIm
pl.java:979)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerImpl.createQuery(EntityManagerIm
pl.java:102)
        at
org.apache.airavata.persistance.registry.jpa.utils.QueryGenerator.generateQu
eryWithParameters(QueryGenerator.
java:95)
        at
org.apache.airavata.persistance.registry.jpa.utils.QueryGenerator.selectQuer
y(QueryGenerator.java:64)
        at
org.apache.airavata.persistance.registry.jpa.ResourceUtils.getConfigurations
(ResourceUtils.java:205)
[...]
Exception in thread "Thread-29" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.airavata.xbaya.interpretor.WorkflowInterpretorSkeleton$1.run(Work
flowInterpretorSkeleton.java:159)

Thanks
Viknes