airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about null check in GFacUtils
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 19:13:37 GMT
On Jul 2, 2013, at 2:19 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are we not going to allow using the GFac libraries as standalone tool? It
> could be useful for devs who dont want to use the workflow context to run
> applications.

I would vote against direct use of GFac API from clients. We need to brainstorm and decide
on the component level API's and their implications once we discuss Airavata 1.0( may be also
2.0) roadmaps.

In short, I see the need for GFac API's to evolve to facilitate more dynamism and multi-phased
interactions between workflow interpreter and GFac. I think we should limit all client integrations
to Airavata API so we can put in extra effort to ensure backward compatibility is maintained
within major versions.

Suresh